- @AmyMarieZ

Welcome to another edition of Mystique Magazine Featured Writers Section. Kickstarting things for us this month is my former Rebel buddy, Amy. Who's a Wattpad Ambassador and Watty Winner, yup, that's how I roll — second 2018 Watty to be featured since the season began.

I met Amy through a mutual club we once shared back then. Even after my departure, I still kept tabs on Amy — I just love her bubbly and positive energy which made her one of my picks for May.

We sat down with this lovely young woman and it went down like this.

_____________________

Hi Amy, let's get started

What do you consider your writing pet peeve?

~ In my own writing, my biggest pet peeve is the fact that I use the word "just" all the time. I have to reread every chapter I write and delete all the uses of "just" I don't need.

If you were a tree, what kind of tree would you be and why?

~ A palm tree because I love the beach.

What's the one thing you miss doing when you were younger?

~ When I was a kid, my family and our neighbor families would take a group vacation to the beach each summer. The beaches in New Jersey were beautiful and iconic, but I mostly just miss spending that time with my closest friends growing up.

Which genre do you prefer writing and why?

~ Horror and psychological thrillers. I always loved reading horror novels and watching horror movies when I was a kid. I loved the adrenaline of getting a bit scared and the thrill of figuring out the mystery. Now, I like to make my own stories. [I'd say you're a bit creepy but I get because I loved watching horror movies as a kid, yet, for some strange reasons it doesn't tickle my fancy anymore the older I got. Still, love a good mystery though ;).]

How best would you describe your writing style?

~ Descriptive, conversational, slow-burning, suspenseful, and intense.