- Fresh Tea

Hello and welcome to the very first installment of Fresh Tea with the ever debatable and blunt MizUndahStood

Hello and welcome to the very first installment of Fresh Tea with the ever debatable and blunt MizUndahStood . She kickstarts us with a topic, well a statement I never really believed and find it to be utter bull! But ya know what imma leave it to her.

Hey Anna, what do you have for us?

********

So... it's time for that same old New Year - ✨‍New Me✨ nonsense.

Can we not do this again? Can we not set ourselves up to fail again this year because we're not shiny and new by March?

Let's try something new. How about throwing those so-called resolutions into the toilet and flushing them away? Wave 'em buh-bye as they swirl right out of your life. We're gonna stop kidding around with what hasn't worked, and reach for the new. Who's with me?

I mean, yo, if disappointment is your bag - bless. Happy New Year my friend. You can stop reading right now. But if you want some warm Fresh Tea, sit down; because there's a full pot waiting to be shared, and I'm pouring.

We've been through our holidays by now, right? Maybe even starting back in October with Halloween, hmmm? And damn, aren't we exhausted? I ain't even gonna lie, a Sistah is tired

We've been through our holidays by now, right? Maybe even starting back in October with Halloween, hmmm? And damn, aren't we exhausted? I ain't even gonna lie, a Sistah is tired. All I want and need right now, is a beat to clear my head, and get things going. On top of mental exhaustion, many folks have dug themselves into a nearly bottomless pit of debt trying to impress people.

If you haven't guessed by now, that sort of thing doesn't do it for me. I'm a cheap date, relatively speaking. The gifts that have always meant the most to me are definitely among the most expensive. (Don't roll your eyes at me.)

Giving with an open heart is the most expensive thing we can do because it requires us to be vulnerable, and authentic. Anybody can pretend they're big ballin', but a gift from your hand has no value - no matter how many digits were on the price tag. Giving from your hand usually means you're probably expecting something in return because the gift and sometimes even its presentation were designed to gas up **your ego**.

And ohhhh boy... if your expectation set gets messed up in the transaction, you're a jacked-up angry ass mess. Which makes you want to start planning revenge on everyone in your life because you played yourself again. I've seen *this* movie before...