2

*cat's pov*

balloons... check!
snacks... check!
music.... check!
juice... check!

this is so exciting, it's definitely going to be the party of the year! now everyone will have to like me!

what time is it?
i press the home button of my iphone X to check the time. ah, it's 7:31pm, people should be arriving any minute now!

i sit back on the couch and admire the decorations; my hard work

i sit back on the couch and admire the decorations; my hard work. i had to sit and manually blow up the balloons with my breath alone, i'm already so exhausted.

i hope my friends don't expect there to be alcohol here. that was the one condition my mom had. no alcohol! she still allowed me to invite boys though.

7:34pm...
no need to worry they're probably just running a little late. i told them to come for 7:30 so it's still too soon to judge.
i'll just watch some tv or something until they arrive.

i turned on the tv and started to watch the latest episode of riverdale. i knew hiriam lodge wasn't the gargoyle king! but who is??? they're both as evil as each other.....

okay now it's 8:16pm.
where are they?? hopefully they'll be here very soon.

...

9:30pm..
i woke to my phone ringing under my leg. dammit, i fell asleep. what if they came and i didn't hear the doorbell???!

i sat up and reached for my phone, my mother's caller id showing on the screen.
i sighed, sliding the answer button.

"hey sweetie! how's the party going? hoping you're not having too much fun!" my mom, joan, sang slightly into the phone.

okay.. too much.

"err, i fell asleep on the couch and i'm not sure if they came or not". i sighed.

"for goodness sake.. i'm coming home now". joan huffed before cutting the line.

she was really excited that i was finally  bringing friends over.

i never bring my friends home, perhaps because they're always busy doing stuff together.

i stood up from the sofa and headed over to the table where all the snacks that i bought were. i munched on some cocktail sausages that i love. more for me no big deal.

i headed up to my bedroom, got into some pajamas as the time was now 9pm, meaning that they were definitely not coming.

i untied my hair from the ponytail, my scalp blessing me for letting it breathe.

scrolling through my instagram feed, my jaw dropped. the reason why they didn't come to my party was because they were all at andré's house watching a film.
jade has posted on her instagram story several times, videos of them laughing and having fun.

i wish i was with them. why didn't they invite me?

a tear escaped my eye. i felt like a loser. no one came to my party and i worked so hard to make everything look good.

i laid down in my bed beneath the duvet, sleep soon after consuming me.