5

as soon as the bell went i rushed out of that classroom, afraid in case robbie was going to come after me or something.

my next lesson was music, in which none of them were in my class, luckily for me.

the rest of the day dragged on, and i just couldn't wait to get home and lie down.

i headed out of the school gates, on the way to the school bus, when all of a sudden i see robbie and tori waiting beside my bus.

they were of course waiting for me. i guess i'm walking home today then...

i sighed. i got out my phone and airpods, before choosing the song 'girls need love' by summer walker.

i started my journey home, which should take no longer that 25 minutes. i don't know what i'd do without my music.

i reached a slightly sketchy part of manhattan. the run-down buildings had graffiti on them, the roads were basically empty and i saw a couple of stray dogs. poor loves.

i always see this area when i either cycle past or get the bus. it's strange how they're so many different types of lifestyles in manhattan.

i'm blessed to be wealthy, but unfortunately no one likes me.

just then, i heard a loud roar of an engine coming from one of the side roads i was slowly approaching.

a lump grew in my throat, but i continued to walk.
as i peered down the road, there was a black rolls royce along with three, hispanic looking men around it.

loud spanish music played, as they spoke to each other in the same language. i stopped to stare at the car for a minute, it was pretty nice.

i suddenly caught one of guys' eye, immediately causing my own to widen. i quickened my pace, feeling hot and heavy. that was close.

"where are you going, mami?" a thick, spanish accent boomed behind me, making me stop in my tracks.

i reluctantly turned around and gulped loudly.

"relax, i'm not going to hurt you. although, you shouldn't be out on these streets alone". he spoke and rolled his eyes, walking closer to me.

i took a step back, but he stood two steps closer until he was right in front of me.
i was only 5ft and he must have been around 6ft or 6ft1, so hella tall and intimidating.

"why are you alone? where are your friends?" he said, looking at me curiously.
the 6ft man seemed to be around 28 years old. i was 16.
he better no-

"i-i dont have any". i blurted out, my cheeks automatically going red.

he raised his eyebrows.
"how old are you?" he asked.
"16"

"good".
what the hell did he mean by that.

"well, my name is michael and i need a favour". michael continued.

"w-what?" i stuttered.

"don't be scared. i feel like we can help each other". michael said.

i'm more confused than ever now.