14

"...and for shoes, i really like these". i finished telling sandra what i liked, and she was really nice about what i had chosen.

we had great conversation, she was a really nice girl, completely different from the creepy people here. she just didn't fit in.

"so sandra, what's your story? why are you here when you look like that?" i asked her, intrigued.

i could tell my question caught her off guard but she didn't mind and laughed a bit.

"what do you mean?" she chuckled.

"i mean, you look like a victoria secret angel but you're here in a trap house. there has to be a reason". i said.

sandra sighed.

"it's a long story. my parents didn't accept the fact that i wanted to be a model/makeup artist, because they were so uptight about me being a lawyer just like them. one day we had an argument that was so heated, that they kicked me out the house. it was 2 years ago and i was like 17. i had nowhere to go. michael saw me one day walking alone at night. his 'business' was up and new so he needed all the help he could get and asked me if i wanted to help. i was so desperate for a place to go i said yes. i never knew it was... like this but i didn't complain. it's not that bad. just old men drooling over you but that itself is off putting". sandra explained, making me tear up a little.

"i'm so sorry to hear that sandra. it's sad to hear that your parents didn't want you to fulfill your dreams but if you're comfortable and satisfied where you are now, thats all that should matter". i comforted.

"thanks...." she said, ushering for my name.

"cat". i told her, making her smile.

"cute name". sandra responded.

...

5 whole hours later, after going though several looks of hair and makeup AND clothes, we were finally done.

sandra explained that michael had invested money so that every week i could come back for  a new collection of clothes and shoes.
and as for the whole moving schools situation, michael was going to explain that to me himself.

"you can look now". sandra's words made me gulp.

i hadn't seen myself yet and i was so excited and nervous at the same time. the moment that i have wanted for so long was finally happening.

sandra removed the sheet that she had put over mirror- so that the final look could be a surprise.
i looked at myself in the mirror-
holy shit