6

"what do you mean?" i gained the confidence to say.

"i need inside information on a person that goes to a different school to yours, that's quite near here honestly". michael began to explain.

"okay.. and?" i interrupted.

"i'm not done. i want you to be that inside information, in return for a makeover and popularity". he proceeded to say.

what?
i've always wanted to look different to how i look how. and how amazing must it feel to have friends!
wait..

"how can i trust you?" i asked, crossing my arms.

"what could you possibly lose?" he looked at me with a bored expression.

hmm.
"i need time to think it". i stated after thinking about it for a bit.

the school bus all of a sudden went by. dammit, that could've been me.

michael rolled his eyes impatiently.
"fine". he sighed.

he turned around to walk away.

"wait! how will i contact you?"  i called out after him.

he turned back around and looked at me.

"i'll contact you. soon. make sure you make your mind up fast". michael said before disappearing around the corner.

"but ho-" i whispered to myself before looking around me.

i should get out of here.
i pressed play on my music and proceeded home.

the rest of the walk home, and i mean 10 minutes, consisted of my endless thoughts on what michael said. 

makeover and popularity...
but could i really trust a random man in a sketchy neighbourhood?

i unlocked my front door using my key, instantly being greeted by my baby toulouse.

"hey baby!" i cooed.

my mother wasn't home yet so i began to cook the dinner, as a surprise for when she comes back.
i played music through the wall speaker and began to cut some vegetables.

today i craved spaghetti and meatballs. so that's exactly what i was going to make....