12

i followed michael down the street until we reached a dark alleyway. as we walked further down the narrow alley, a big black door came into sight.

when we reached the door, michael looked at me as if to say everything would be okay. now i'm worried.

i gulped as he knocked five times in a distinctive pattern on the door. after each knock my stomach tightening in fear: what was i getting myself into?

after a short while, the door swung open, a short black male opening the door with a spliff in his mouth. charming.

michael pushed past the man, causing me to quickly follow after him. inside was pitch black. i could just make out michael's bright white shoes, in which i relied on to see where we were going.

as we continued to walk further into the building, loud voices could be heard. i managed to pick out a few words that were in a few different languages. obviously spanish, english and french.. maybe?

michael must have stopped walking because i had accidentally bumped into his back.

"sorry". i whispered, a bit embarrassed.

he ignored me and pushed open a door, leading to a huge room full of different people of different ethnicities. damn, was this the mafia or what?

i continued to follow michael through the room. each person we walked past would look over at us and glare at me specifically. i would too if i was them? what was a innocent high school student in an environment like this?
i don't even know myself, but i have a feeling i'm about to find out.

the room began to silence as we reached the front of the room. michael stood staring at everyone, looking intimating and scary as always.
meanwhile, i was by his side shaking in fear and couldn't keep eye contact with anyone for more than a second.

i must have blanked out for a moment because i heard michaels voice boom.
"mission 121; jason mccann". which caught me off guard.

i heard him say that name earlier on.
jason mccann.
i wonder who that was and why did they care about him so much?

"this girl here" he began.

michael signalled to everyone that he was talking about me, by pointing in my direction. it totally caught me off guard as the amount of people staring at me made me slightly pee my pants.

"is how we will take down mr mccann once and for all!" he yelled making everyone cheer.

one man didn't cheer though which made him stick out from the rest of the people here.

luis.

michael noticed luis's pissed off expression also and sighed.

"what is the problem luis?" he asked him, sounding irritated.

luis hesitated for a moment and crossed his arms.

"how will SHE catch the eyes of notorious jason mccann?" he hissed.

i'm offended.

"well, we all know jason is known for being a playboy, as well as the infamous druglord he is. we also know that he only goes for the stereotypically 'hot' look, which is why she, with sandra's help, will be having a makeover". michael replied, smiling to himself because of his devious plan.

is my dream finally coming true?
i thought to myself.

a tall, beautiful black girl with the most amazing legs approached me and smiled.

"hey, i'm sandra".  she began, causing me to look at her in confusion.

"i'm cat". i replied reluctantly.

"great. let's get this makeover started!" she exclaimed before walking off towards another door.

i quickly rushed off after her;
here goes!