Chapter 1

I'm Skye Walker & I'm 18 years old. I been livin in Kansas City all my life and basically it's only what you make it. I'm a coo person but I don't have too many friends which I find good. I have a little sister named Jannah that's 17 and sometimes we all each other got when it comes to the real world.

I woke up from my alarm clock. I stumbled from my bed to the door to see if Jannah was awake. I walked into her room and she was still sleep. "Wake up!" I yanked her off the bed and she whined like a baby. "Huuuuu!" "Stop complain!" I waked out, got in the shower brushed my teeth then curled up my hair. Jannah walked in the bathroom. "Hurry up so I can get ready..." "You better wait... shit." she smacked her lips then went to the kitchen. I finished up my hair then went to my room put on my white leggings and white v-neck with white and black Cortez's. I grabbed my backpack and keys then went to the kitchen to eat. "Hurry up and get ready." Jannah got up from the table and went to get ready. I ate breakfast and went to kiss my mama bye but she was still sleep so I didn't bother her. I sat in the front room watching tv til Jannah came out with her hair in a bun, sweats, shades, and a v-neck. "C'mon." she grabbed her bag and phone then we got in the car and left. "Our car rides in the morning was usually quiet considering we just woke up. She finally broke that silence by saying. "What we gon do for spring break?" I looked at her then back at the road. "Uh who said "we" was doin anything?" "Awe!" "Shut I'm just playin but I don't know yet what you got in mind?" "Well everybody gon be at the Caryone and they got a indoor water resort we should get a room there and just kick it all spring break." I thought for a minute. "Aright that sound coo we need to go shopping for swimming suits though cause mine is old and torn." "K let's go after school." I nodded and the rest of the ride to school was quiet.

We pulled up to the school and parked. I got out and grabbed my bag out the back. I looked up and saw these two dudes leaning up against a car and one of them was staring at me. He smiled but I just left a mug ok my face and we kept walking. I put in my ear phones as Jannah went over to her friends and I went to check my hair in the bathroom mirror. When I was done I went to my locker and got my stuff ready for my first class. I saw someone in my perifial vision down the hall looking at me but I couldn't make out the figure. I paused for a minute and looked up at the figure slowly and it was that dude from the car. He smiled at me and his gold fangs showed off. He caught me in a deep gaze. "Skyee... Skye!" "What?" I said turning my head swiftly. "Bellrung." Jannah said while pointing up. "Yea I know." I closed the locker and walked away with her. I sat next to my Friend Lisa and she was cheesing like there was no tomorrow.

I smiled "What's wrong with you?" "Me and Shawn got back together." I just shook my head. "What's wrong?" "Nothin you just keep going back to him and bein... Mmmm nevermind." "Nah tell m-" she was cut off when the teacher came in and started talking. I'm glad cause I was about to say some things to her that would have hurt her feelings but oh well.

After class I got up and left out a little fast. "Wait Skye!" I heard Lisa call. I turned around as we walked upstairs. "What was you about to say?" "Nevermind." "Nah just say what you wanted to say." I looked at her and sighed then smiled. "I wasn't about to say anything." I said joking in a lie. She smiled "Oh well see you later." "Iight." I walked in the next class and sat in the back so I could get on my phone. A couple minutes into the class I heard footsteps coming up to me and I hurried and hide my phone thinking it was teacher. "What you hidin ya phone for?" I looked up and saw that dude again. "Thought you was a teacher.." "Aw well I'm not." "I see." he sat down next to me "So what's yo name?" I turned my head to look at him. "Skye." "Well I'm Andre." he flashed a smile and held out his hand. I took a moment to examine him. He was light with a lot of hair, facial hair and his dress game was ok point. I turned my head "Don't you have work to do?" "Uh nah I finished it already. I should be askin you that considerin you been on yo phone all class." I looked at him and smirked. "You watchin me now Andre?" "Maybe." he smiled again. I chuckled "Are you new or somethin?" "Nu uhn I been goin here." "Why come I never seen you?" "Same reason why I haven't seen you til now." "Oh." "You beautiful you know that right?" I blushed a little "Thanks." he looked at me and but his lip like he was deep into thought and I just stared back at him. I came out the trance when he started talking again. "Can I get your number though?" "Um." the bell rung. I grabbed my stuff and left out of class not looking back at Andre. I mean he cute an all lat but aye I don't have time for a boyfriend right now I got my own problems to deal with from my ex that's incarcerated.

The last bell rung and I made my way to my locker then Lisa locker. "Wassup Lis." "Hey girl can I ride with y'all home today I really ain't tryna go home an here my daddy mouth." "Why you gone be hearin his mouth?" "He don't like the fact that I'm back with Shawn and my biology grade slippin. Like shit he stay findin shit ta trip on." I laughed. "You gone have to hear him anyway of you don't go home on time." "I mean I guess but I'll talk to you later I'll leave with Shawn." I forget sometimes how sensitive she is and I felt a little bad. "Aright bye." I hugged her and went to the car. I saw Jannah stand by this old school car looking all goggly eyed with this grown lookin man. "The fuck!" I said high pitched. I walked over to her and grabbed her arm playfully but seriously. "Come on we got stuff to do!" "Ok... Bye Klocc!" "See you round ma." she cheesed at him then we walked away. "Why was you talkin to that grown ass man!?" she laughed "He only 17 Skye." "Mm I mean I guess dude." she smacked her lips. "Come on don't be like that bro." "Jannah... you don't need to be hangin around no dude that look like he slang dope for a livin an-" "And what!? You always dictatin and controllin my shit let me Fuck at least one time! Every nigga that look my way ain't like Rich!" I instantly got mad and just drive a little faster towards the mall. I felt like smacking the shit out of her for talking to me like that but she kinda had a point but I only am like that to protect her. I guess I do it too hard. We pulled up to the mall and I got out the car not waiting for Jannah. We shopped silently and you could feel the tension. "I'm sorry bro." I stayed quiet. "That was fucked up for me to say and I know what yo intentions are and that's to make sure I'm iight. I apologize." "It's coo ugly monkey let's just finish lookin." she nodded and we continued looking for swimsuits.