Chapter 19

I laid in my bed tossing and turning waiting on Andre to call. I heard a knock on my door and looked up. "Yes!?" Jannah popped her head in my room. "Can I come in?" I nodded. She walked over to my bed and sat down. "What's wrong, you been in your room for hours." I looked over at the time to see it was 11. I sighed. "Just thinking." As my back was turned to her I felt her shift to where she was laying behind me. "Andre is not cheating on you Skye." "How do you know that?" "He loves you... A lot.." she chuckled a little. "Sometimes Jannah... Love, just isn't enough." She was silent for a while. "Sometimes I wish he would put me first. It might sound selfish but still like why can't he just be with me and nobody else?" "He does put you first! Who knows he may not be cheating what if ygymour over thinking?" I shook my head. "I don't even care no more.... He can do what he wanna do." She sighed and sat up. "Think about it... He calls and text you as much as he can, he buys everything you want, y'all go out all the time, when y'all together anyone can see the chemistry." I was silent. "I mean, at least you have someone that does love you."she started. "If you ended up like me... Pregnant... Then he wouldn't leave you all alone." I could hear the sadness in her voice that kind of chocked me up. She got up off my bed and left out of my room. I sat up and rubbed my temples. The door bell sounded which caused me to rush to the front door. "Who is it!?" "Kevin!" I sighed and shook my head. Kevin is a gay friend of Jannah's. I don't know why he was here. "Is that Kevin!?" Jannah said racing to the door. She pushed passed me and opened the door. "Yay your here!" "Here chile you working my nerves I got stuff to do." He said handing her a walgreens bag. "Ok thank you bye." They hugged each other and he left. "What's in the bag?" "Nothin..." She sad I with a guilty look. "Its food ain't it?" She was silent. "I could have just got it for you." "I didn't want to bother you." "But you just came into my room not too long ago." "I know i was gone ask but you were sad so i didn't want to bug you with my pregnancy cravings." I chuckled. "Ok I guess." The doorbell sounded again, a frown came on my face as I looked out the peep hole to see Kamari. "Yo baby daddy here." "I hope you don't think I'm moving I just got comfortable." I opened the door. "Hey ugly.." "Skye you need to get dressed..." I looked to see the worry on his face and my frown deepened. "Why what's wrong?" He sighed. "Andre got shot and he's in the hospital." I put my hand over my mouth out of shock. "Oh my goodness. I'll be back real quick!" I ran in my room and put on some boots, grabbed my keys and my phone and ran back to the front room. "I'm ready." I grabbed my coat and left. "Call me!" Jannah yelled. I nodded and closed the door.

***********************

I sat in the waiting room tapping my leg impatiently waiting for the nurse to come back and let us know when the doctor started surgery. I looked around to see lots of people here I guess was Andre's family. I smiled a little at the fact people were actually here for him. I frowned when I seen a girl that looked all too familiar standing in the corner texting. It was Sprakle from the club. I haven't been seeing her there lately I heard she had been gettin beat up real bad by her boyfriend and it looked true. But that's none of my business. She looked at me and I looked down covering my face hoping she didn't notice it was me. I heard heels clicking as she walked towards me. "Well hello Luscious." I cursed in my head and looked up at her. "Wassup Sparkle?" She sat next to me smiling fake as hell. "That seats taken sorry." "Salty?" She said while getting up. "Maybe..." "Any way I just came over to see who your up here for" "why?" I asked dryly. She shrugged. "Never mind then. Have Vick been asking for me at the club?" I shushed her. "Can you be quiet please?" I asked looking around. "No he hasn't. Can you walk away now?" She rolled her eyes. "Whatever but I gotta go anyway." I rolled my eyes irritated with this pointless ass conversation. "See ya." She looked back at me. "Oh and tell Andre I stopped by." She winked at me and walked away. I tapped my leg even faster and took deep breaths. At moments like this i wish I still smoke but Andre helped me break that habit 1 month into our relationship. I looked up to see a nurse trying to get everyone's attention. "Family of Moss Hayes?" We all stood up and walked over to her. She sighed and read the paper. The look on her face made me sad just by looking at her. "Uh ..."

To be continued...