Chapter 2

We did a little more shopping and chatted about our day. Jannah told me about the guy she was talkin to and about her day and I told her about mine "he just I don't know.... Like he seem real coo." "I'm upset that you didn't get his number though." I shrugged my shoulders. "It's coo. but guess what." "What's that." "Lisa back with Shawn." her mouth dropped "Fr?" "Yea" "I'm tellin you... that's yo friend." "Um not too much don't let me get started on uh, Lenay" she smiled "I don't care.." "Yes you do." She changed the subject. "Let's go home I'm hungry." "What you gone cook." "Wings?" "Aright." we packed the car with our items we bought and I hopped in to drive to the store. "When you gone let me drive?" I looked at her an chuckled "Never!" I said playfully. "Forreal though ." "I don't know yet ask mama." "Speakin on mama, do she got work tonight?" "Ummm no I don't think so but I do." "Ok."

Later that night

"Mama we home!" she walked out all dressed up. I looked her up and down "Where you goin?" "Where yall been!?" "We went to shop and get groceries." "Mm well y'all didn't tell me y'all was shoppin and y'all better not had maxed them cards out." Jannah just looked like a lost puppy and I looked at mama and sighed. "I used my own money mama." see with our mama we had a so so relationship. Some days it was all love and happiness then other days it was her against us. Well me especially cause I'm the eldest. She broke the silence by saying "What y'all buy?" Jannah said "Just clothes and shoes then some chicken wings for tonight. We was gone watch a movie and eat are you gone stay a-" mama interrupted her "No I got stuff to do tonight." I sighed again and plopped down in the couch turning on the tv. I was getting annoyed already.

Jannah POV

mama walked out the room and went back to her room and shut the door. I could tell she hasn't been drinking today but something was upsetting her an I wanted to know what it was. I walked in the kitchen and cleaned the food off, seasoned it. "Skye do you want it fried or baked!?" "Baked!" I put he the chicken wings on a pan and put them in the over. "I guess I can make Mac & cheese." I thought. I sat out the m&c then went to my room and sat on my bed. Everything hasn't been the same anymore. Ever since Skye lost the love of her life to the Feds she been more to her self and meaner. It hurts seeing my sister like this and with her and my mama going at it sometimes, don't make it better. I showered quick and put on pj shorts and a tank then started on the m&c. Skye wasn't in the front room no more so I guess she was in her room.

Mama POV

I finished getting dressed up and walked into the front room and they wasn't in there no more. I went to the kitchen and saw Jannah cookin "Hi mama." "...How was school? & Why ain't Skye helpin?" "Coo and I wanted to cook alone.." i nodded in understanding. "Mama?" "What?" "Why you mad?" "I'm not." "Then what's wrong?" "Nothin." "Bu-" "I gotta go ima be late." "Wait." i turned and looked at her. "We goin to the Caryone for Spring break this weekend coming up." "Is you askin or tellin?" "I mean why w- .... askin." "Do what you want I don't care." I walked out the kitchen and exited the apartment. Dealing with them girls is a handful, I'm just ready I go out and have fun.

Skye POV

After my shower I laid in bed just thinking about everything. All I really want is to be happy. Although I cant do that until I get over Rich. Rich he was my.... first boyfriend I guess. I loved him so much and I mean so much. We date for almost a year and it's been almost a year that me and my mama ain't been seeing eye to eye. She need approved of him and I can see that but love is love. Period. Instead of my mama saying how he felt it was more so expressing it through actions. What's she does best. well anyways, Rich went to jail for battery assault and possession of 10 lbs of coke. I knew he sealed drugs but he never would actually say it. They got him locked up for 10 years. He had such and effect ok me which I didn't know why because e became really distant in our realtionship. He say it's because he was busy but I think it was because I didn't want to have sex with him. I just wasn't ready, ting was all wrong. Anyways he's been locked up for almost 2 months and I have gotten not one call at all.