Chapter 5

"I call the shower." i smacked my lips "Uuuuuhh I bet you can't beat me." Jannah looked at the door and back at me. I knew she couldn't beat me cause I was on the track team. She got up and we rashes to the bathroom. "Move bitch!" She bumbed me with her big as hips and I fell. "Damn!" she smirked and closed the door. I got from the floor and sat on the bed. I got on my phone to check my messages and had a missed call from my mama and a text from Lisa. I opened the text back

Lisa😊 (11:24pm):"Call me it's urgent." I sighed and decided to call my mama first.

"Hello?"

"Yea mama you called?"

"Yea I was just wondering did Denise call you yet?"

"Yea... so why you give her my number?"

"Is there a problem?"

"Just curious."

"She asked for it. Period." I sighed and wante to skip the subject.

"Oh well what are you doing?"

"About to go to sleep wondering why you aren't yet."

"I am in a little bit ma it's springs break."

"Where ya sister?"

"Shower."

"Ok well I'm going to sleep bye." I looked at the phone in disgust at her sudden attitude.

"Aright bye." she hung up and I just thought for a minute and shook my head. I dialed Lids number and she picked up.

"Skye!"

"Lis what's wrong!?"

"My stepdad. I'm on my way to your house!" Lisa doesn't have a car which means she's out at this time of night.

"Wait no I'm not even at home!"

"What!? then where you at!?"

"I'm at the Caryone where are you!?" I asked getting up and throwing on some shoes.

"I'm on- ...AHHHHHHH PLEASE NO!!" I heard feet pattering in the back and screaming.

"LISA!?" Jannah came out the restroom in her towel like she was worried. "Whsts goin on!?" I sharply shooed her off.

I heard gunshots I the back ground on the phone. I dropped the phone and collapsed to the floor crying my eyes out. My phone beep so I know someone hung it up. Jannah rubbed my back letting me cry my feelings out.

The next day

I stayed out most of the night just thinking. I had no intentions in calling the police only because the rough history I have with them. the only reason why I wasn't Locked up now was because I'm a minor and my mama saved my ass everytime. I am trying to better myself now. I got out of bed and looked at the time. 6:14. I sighed and walked to the restroom. my eyes were red an puffy. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I heard my phone going off on the light stand and went to check it. 1 message from Andre.

Andre:"GoodMorning beautiful." I smiled slightly and texted back.

Me:"Morning and why are you up this early?"

"Couldn't sleep too good last night what about you?"

"You woke me up."

"Awl my bad ma go back to bed."

"I'm jk I been up I couldn't sleep at all last night."

"Want me to come over there?"

i thought for a second and looked at Jannah who was still sleep an texts him back.

"Yea." after that I locked my phone and decided to straighten up a bit after that I tossed on some sweats and a v neck cause I was cold. I laid on the bed and watched tv trying to get my mind off what I witnessed over the phone last night. If somethin happened to Lisa last night that would cut me deep. I mean even though I saw my own pops killed right in front of mean doesn't mean it won't hurt to go through other things like this. I sighed and heard a knock at the door. I stood on my tip toes to look out the peep hole. I opened it up for Andre. "Hey." I said lowly. "Wassup." he hugged me and I closed the door behind him. "You been cryin?" he asks staring at me. "Yea I'm good though. what's that?" I said pointing to the bag. "Food cause I know you didn't eat yet." I smirked a little and we sat on my bed. I pulle out the fruit and juice then stated eating. "Thanks." "No problem gorgeous." he said smiling. I turned my attention to the tv while eating. "So?" I raised my eyebrow. "So what?" "Why were you crying?" I sighed and sat my food down. I needed to vent really bad and he said I could come to him about anything do why not take up the offer? "Uhh well. Lastnight I called my friend and she was really scared. She told me she was comin to my house and I said that I was here. I knew somethin was wrong she just didn't tell me. I heard her scream after I asked where she was and then a gunshot. soon after the call ended." Andre sat there soaking it all in. "Damn girl I'm sorry." he rubbed my back and pulled me into a hug. I laid on his chest and cried. "Have you called the police?" "No." "Why not?" "I can't do that." "Wh-" "I just can't Andre." "Aright ma just relax as best as you can it'll all be ok life gets better Skye I promise." I nodded and sat there deep in thought.

Jannah POV

I woke up to noises that soon turned into to muffled voices then cries which I thought it was my dream. I sat up and turned my head to see Skye and Andre on her bed silent. "Well goodmorning." Skye smiled "Morning." "Didn't sleep did you?" I asked while getting up an yawning. "Nu uhn." I sighed and shook my head. I walked over to her and rubbed her back then kissed we cheek. "Keep a positive thought process Skye." she nodded. I looked over at Andre. "GoodMorning." "Good morning Jannah." "Where is Locc?" "He was sleep when I left." "I'll text him." he nodded and I walked into the bathroom to brush my teeth and all that. "What y'all eating!?" Skye smiled "I knew she wouldn't stay quiet for long." I dug through the bags and started eating. I texted Locc.

"GoodMorning."

"Morning bae."

"Oh I'm Bae now?"

"Yeap! 😁"

"Nope not really! Lol."

"Oh but you will be."

"What ever. Anyways what you doin?"

"Chillin just woke up."

"Did I wake you?"

"Nah you good I was getting up anyway. Come over though."

"K what's the room number?"

"830." I went to pull a tank and some shorts that weren't too short. i went to the restroom and changed. I walked out and Skye and Andre stopped talking. "Where you goin?" "See Locc." "No you n-" I shot her look. "I'm not gone do nothin Skye you and I bother know that." "I know but still y'all gone be alone?" "Yessss Skye I'm right across the hall." I said chuckling ad looked back at her. "Well you don't need me do you?" I asked concerned about last night. "No no I'm ok I'll talk to later ima go down to the pool to try to have a little relaxing time." "Ok I'll be down there later." she nodded and I left the room.