Chapter 25

One Week Later

"Yea can you just call me back later Cor I'm trying to clean up."

"Yea ok, bye." I hung up and slid my phone in my pocket. I picked up the rest of the trash and disposed of it. The door opened up and Tera walked in with food.

She smiled when she seen me. "Hey." "Wassup." "So I heard he was awake..." She walked over and sat in a chair. I looked up at her. "He's been awake for 2 days." She looked down. I shook my head and sighed. "He is taking a shower right now." "Oh ok well I brought food." I smiled. "That's nice of you but I just ate maybe Andre is still hungry." "Ok."  She was quiet.

"Well um I just wanted to say I'm sorry for what happened last week. I just felt so, unimportant. That's why I acted like a bitch." I smirked.

"It's coo Tera." "You sure?" I nodded and started fixing the bed. "Want help?" "Go ahead." She chuckled and helped me make up the bed. I looked up when I seen Andre walking in on his walker. I smiled. "That shower felt good as hell." "Need help?" He shook his head and plopped down on the bed. "Well excuse you we were making it up for you Andre." Tera said with and attitude. "Yall be Iight." I laughed. "Want me to call up the nurse to put your bandages on?" "I don't like when they do it can you do it ma?" I sighed. "You a big ass baby." "Please? I already did the one on my knee." "I'll do it." Tera said. "Nah you gone be tryna put pressure on my shit go sit yo ass down." She smacked her lips and walked away. I pulled out the materials and walked over to him. "Pull it down." I watched him sit up and slowly pull the top part of his gown down exposing just his chest. I started with the neosprorine. Then I pulled out the white bandages and was stopped by Tera's voice. "You sure you don't want it to get air first?" Andre smacked his lips. "Can you not?" "What did I do?" "I said I didn't want you to help so sit in the corner and be quiet." "Excuse me?" "You heard me." "I think you forgot who you talkin Andre." "Nah I know exactly who I'm talking to." I turned around trying not to be in their argument.

"No I think you don't. How about you bring that 10 to a 2 and chill ok?"

"No you need to stop tryna act like you can come in here and run shit."

"I was just trying to help your cranky ass."

"Well I don't want your help you can leave." I frowned at Andre's attitude but I stayed quiet.

"Why are you acting like this what's wrong with you?"

"Nothing I'm coo. I don't like that fact that you came in here tryna do all this extra shit when you wasn't here in the first place. I didn't wake up to you by my bedside. I woke up to my girl by me. She been takin care of me hand and foot since I woke up. They told me she was they only one taking care of me. Not you not mama not Darren. So that's there's hope you wanna come around when I'm gettin better and shit it don't work that way Tera it don't."

"It don't work that way?"

"Nope."

"It don't Andre? Listen I tried to get in this room to see you but they wouldn't let me because they let her in." She said while pointing to me. "Me or Darren couldn't get in when we wanted to. So before you go pointing the finger at me point at the fuckin hospital. I mean at least I'm here now but if I'm not wanted I'll go."

"Aright bye." She grunted loudly and grabbed her purse then stormed out. I sighed and turned to Andre.

"You didn't have to be that rude. She is your sister."

"I know but still she need to get put in her place." I shook my head. "Still isn't nice Andre." "Anyway can you patch this up its starting to feel funny." I glared at him and started to patch him up. "Dont be mad at me ma." I shook my head.