Chapter 7

Once we got home and got settled in I took a long bath then laid down on the couch. Jannah walked in eating ice cream. "Want some?" "Nu uhn I'm coo." "Want me to cook dinner tonight?" "I don't care I'm not eatin." "You haven't ate since 6 this morning and it's damn near 7pm and you not hungry? Are you sick?" she said feeling my forehead. I pushed her hand lightly. "Nah I'm just thinkin." "I don't know why we don't just file a police report Skye." i smacked my lips. "You know exactly why." "Ok but still. This happened just last night and I don't mean to sound like a bitch but uh shit worse than this has happened to you and it's takin a toll on spring break what's up with that? I mean she is just a friend. You strong dude c'mon now." she slightly rubbed my back then got up and soon after I heard the shower running. I mean Jannah was right about us being through worse and even though me and Lisa aren't super close, I am who she comes to for help and guidance. I sat up in the couch starring at the bright tv contemplating on what to do. As soon as I was about to throw my shoes and leave my phone rang. it was mama.

"Hello?"

"So when were you plannin on callin back?"

I sighed at the thought that I had actually forgot. "Sorry mama I forgot."

"It's coo. Look I need you and your sister to stay at the hotel a little bit longer than planned." a confused look a me across my face.

"..Andddd why is that?"

"I gotta handle some things and if you talke to your Aunt Denise yet then you'd know what I'm talking about. Any way it's too late to be talking to her anymore Skye no one is to be trusted but your sister. Stay at the hotel don't go home." mama has said something similar to this to me before so just hearing it again scared me a little.

"Well I'm not even at the hotel anymore we checked out earlier today!" I said frantically

"What!? Why!?"

"Personal stuff but can you tell me why we can't be back at the house what's going on??"

She sighed and spoke again.

"Look just for your own health I'll spare the details but all you need to know is get your sister and y'all stuff outta there. Take the cash that's under the carpet by the case in my room and just go and I mean when you leave clear out y'all phones. Take nothing behind you have to start fresh."

"WHERE ARE WE GONNA GO!?"

he completely ignored my question.

"I love you and I come back for y'all. Just no time soon. Do what I said Skye, before it's too late!"

"But ho-" and at that the call was over. I was scared, frustrated, and confused all in one. I knew I had to do exactly what my mama said. I mean after all, mama wasn't always right, but she never lead me wrong. I locked the doors and went into Jannah room.

"Jannah pack all your shit we're leavin!"

"Wait what!?... Kamari I'll call you back... Skye!"

"Pack up Jannah I'll explain later!"

Jannah POV

I ran back into my room packing as much as I could. I was so scared I felt tears coming down my face. I pause for a second feeling like I was being watched but I thought it was my paranoia getting the best of me. I looked up from where I was standing my bed. and out side my open blinds was a lazed pointing right at me. The tears came faster and I was frozen.

"Jannah?..." I heard Skye's muffled voice in the background but didn't respond.

Skye POV

"Jannah!" I looked at what Jannah was staring staring at. And was automatically taken back. "JANNAH MOVE!!" I tackled her to the ground while shots fired. "Come the fuck on Jannah!" the gun shots continued like there was more than one shooter. Jannah would not move as if she was on some kind of shock. She wasn't hit by any bullets either. I smacked her a few times but it didn't work. "Jannah!!!" I dragged her body to fit under her bed then crawled over to the hall by the fuse box and shut out all the lights. The shooting stopped. I ran into my room and under the bed was my piece of steel waiting to be put to use. I leaned against my wall, tears rushing down my face. I grabbed my cross off my chest, kissed and held it tight. "I love you pops." I said a small prayer then next thing I knew I heard a door bust open and feet on the ground. I ran out just shooting everywhere and at every figured I saw coming my way. I stopped thinking I was done until I felt my wrist crack like somebody broke it. "FUCK!" "Shut up an lay down." They pinned me down to the ground with my hands still behind me and their knee in my back. "Let it go." I let go of the gun and winced in pain from my injured wrist. The mystery person took the gun and stood over me. I slowly turned over with my hands up in surrender. I look up at the person pointing two guns at me. I couldn't see who it was cause it was too dark. "Hmm. I not gon shoot you. Where's the money?" the manly voice asked while putting the guns behind his back. "There is no money." "Look bitch you either gon give me this money or ima kill you and go." "There is no money!" I yelled in his face. he smacked and my reflex was to kick him across his face. He fell on the floor and I got up with pain in my wrist and back where his knee was. I kicked stomach multiple times and he grabbed my ankle pulling me down. After fighting on the floor for a long while he pulled out a knife and stabbed shoulder. "OWWWEEE SHIT!" I kicked him and he stabbed the back of my thigh as I tried crawling away. I heard a gunshot and got shooken up not knowing where it came from. I turned around saw him getting off the floor which made me wanna move faster. One of the guns must have went off. He stepped on my foot and I screamed in agony. I looked up and saw Jannah ok the door way with blood running down her face and air everywhere. It was as if everything stopped. This was my chance, I grabbed a nearby dead person's gun. I turned as fast as I could to shoot him only in time for him to kick it out my hand. Jannah ran over with the bloody knife in her hand and stabbed the man in the back repeatedly and screaming.