Chapter Four: Future

'Saihara this show is really bad' Ouma told me, we were at his house, or I guess Kiibo's, and I had brought my laptop so we could watch a few animes together, it was a good combination of shows so bad they were funny and actual fun comedies. Even Ouma managed to chuckle a little at some of the lines, which made this a success.

Until now.

"Oh come on Ouma it's not that bad! The art style is great!" I assured him, 'and why should I care about its art style?' Ouma asked. "Because it's, oh shoot wait for a second..." I realized and Ouma laughed 'seriously though this show is only about action and fighting isn't it?' Ouma asked and I shifted in my chair uneasily.

"Yeah...uh...I'll try to find a more dialogue-based story..." he told me and Ouma nodded eating some popcorn I had given him. 'Thanks, Saihara' Ouma thanked me, "yeah...sorry still about that still...honestly I didn't mean to" I apologized.

'It's funny actually' Ouma told me and I looked over at him confused "what's funny?" I asked and Ouma just shrugged. 'Usually, you and a lot of other people are so gung ho about me being blind, today you actually forgot for a second...' he told me with a smile.

"Yeah...honestly I can't help it...the only person I've ever known with a disability was Chiasa...and I barely saw her" I admitted. 'Meh it's fine, at least I can tell when you're nearby' he assured me and I raised an eyebrow "how can you tell? Like even when I...oh I'll just be honest, was spying on you, you claimed you knew" I told him.

Ouma paused for a second before sighing 'I could tell that day cause no one ever came with me there before...and you seemed curious when we were talking with Momota the day before...'  he admitted. "Oh..." I realized, "Hey...thanks for that...on her birthday all my aunt did was drink herself silly..." I sighed rubbing the back of my neck "I really wish she would stop doing that" I admitted.

Ouma didn't respond, 'my Mom used to drink a lot when I was little' he told me 'I don't really know why...I just remember what she did sometimes when she got really bad...' he admitted. I paused uneasily about this and Ouma sighed 'I still can't even really hug her without being scared or remembering that...' he sighed 'she only stopped around the time when apparently my Dad died'

"I'm sorry about your Dad" I apologized and Ouma shrugged 'can't even really remember the guy, all I know is that he got killed in an accident' he assured me. "Well at least you have your Aunt now" I assured him and he nodded 'yeah she's ok...she is a lot worse than you thought at remembering I actually am alive and conscious' he admitted.

"Seriously? How does she treat you?" I asked and he shrugged 'it's like she thinks I can't hear or understand anything that's going on when I perfectly can...I think she hides a lot of stuff from me often...I don't even know if she will even let me try to go to college or anything like that' he admitted.

College...

"Wow, that's coming up huh...you think you can get into any?" I asked and Ouma shrugged 'I don't know, ever since I became blind I stopped taking notes for obvious reasons...and even before that I was horrible at studying, and just a bad student in general' he told me.

'And...well you know what happened at the roof' he mentioned, he looked hesitant to bring it up, signing it quickly before holding his hands tightly. I felt uncomfortable too, it hadn't been that long ago he tried to kill himself. I shouldn't have reminded him...

"That makes sense with what I knew about you before we met...so do you want to do anything before we graduate?" Ouma shrugged, 'I like watching these shows with you' he said, "that's a relief since I just blatantly complemented a show's art style you can't even see" I joked, Ouma grinned.

"No, but seriously, before all this, what did you even want to study?" I asked and Ouma paused in thought. 'I used to actually want to start a party entertainment buisness with Chi' he admitted 'I never really thought what I would want to study' he shrugged, 'I guess I got time still to try'

"I'm sure you'll think of something...I probably will end up having to work with my Father" I told him with a groan. 'Sorry Saihara' Ouma told me with a sympathetic look "it's fine, why don't we watch Death Note?" I asked him.

Kiibo just looked at me and wiped away his tears "you want to know what happened...?" He asked me "what happened to my classmates?" He asked again and I nodded.

"Yes, whatever it was I can take it just, please. Don't hide anything" I told him sternly and Kiibo took deep breaths.

I can still remember how much Kiibo cried when he spoke about the lie that destroyed his class. Along with the grief he experienced for falling for someone but they committed suicide only meer hours after he told them.

I wouldn't know what I would do if I was them. But knowing that was all a lie, that she was actually brutally murdered, I can't even imagine what that would do to him mentally. But...I am jealous of one thing. He actually could tell someone how they felt about them.

I want to tell Ouma about these small feelings that have begun, but I don't think he needs that in his life. Ouma needs a friend, that's it. 

I shouldn't think about this.