Chapter Twenty Four: For Justice

TW: Panic Attack, Mentions of Torture

Saihara's POV:

I felt a bit better seeing Ouma get comforted by my words but I knew what I had to do today.

I looked down my at notepad, I felt the dread swallowing me whole as Ouma unknowingly had pushed me to finally say it.

Evidence List
-Fake (?) Suicide Letters ×
-Evidence of Murder ×
-Proof of lack of substitutes teaching credentials ×
-Photocopies of Diary ×
-Momota and Harukawa's witness testimony ×
-Ouma's Statement ○

But...I....

I turned over to Ouma as I took a deep breath, "Ouma...I need your help..."

♤~♡~◇~♧

Ouma's POV

His tone had given it away, I never heard such dread in his voice since the day I told him what had really happened.

As he hesitantly reached towards me I allowed him to hold my hands, I felt my cheecks warming up embarassed.

"Ouma...I...Ouma I know you're not going to like this part alright? But you know I wouldn't ask this of you unless I was sure this was completely necessary" he encouraged. I nodded confused not sure of where exactly he was going with this.

"Just...Ouma I'm going to need you to do a witness testimony to what happened, alright?" Saihara asked me. I paused for a bit before the slow realization hit me like a train.

I need to tell someone.
No- not just someone.
I need to tell someone from the police, those same people who had betrayed us all those years ago.
The ones who ruled their deaths as suicide.
The ones who let him get away with everything.

'I can't' I immediately said feeling an overwhelming sense of nausea in my body.

"Ouma...I'm sorry. You need to be able to do this, I know...I know you can do this, I know you have to do this or we'll never be able to start an actual case, if you can't say what happened we'll never be able to find him...and if we wait, we might not got a second chance.

"He could kill you one day Ouma, he might clean up the mess...and if he does that, the DICE case will never reach it's true end" Saihara advised.

...

Killed?

"Let's see how much you can scream...until I eventually decide to slice that tongue of yours...but...I have a feeling your screams will be like music~"

"Ouma?!"

"Oh aren't you so cute when you give me that look?"

"Hey! You can't die yet the funs just begun!"

"This is why kids like you should be good~"

"How do such worthless souls look up to you?"

His words were blared in my ears as I held back the need to scream, I felt myself hyperventilating as I choked out sobs.

Leave me alone! Leave me alone you evil man! Why?! Why didn't you just kill me backt then?! What are you waiting for?! It was all my fault. Saiharas work will end because of me. It's my fault, my fault, all of this has always been-

-!

A soft melody started as I felt myself yanked out of my mind, the song...these are her headphones..

I barely processed what was going on when I realized a warm jacket had been placed around me which I clung onto like a blanket.

"Do...do you need a hug?" Saihara asked awkwardness consuming the two of us, I nodded a little as I felt numbness overweening my body. I could taste his disappointment even though he did his best to hide it

I failed him.

I never could do what he asked me too.

I'm weak.

I'm selfish.

Almost as if sensing these thoughts Saihara hugged me tighter as I finally allowed my body to relax, and before I knew it I fell asleep.

....

....

I'm sorry.