Chapter Seven

A/N: Some people might find this chapter weird, but I think it's a new idea that I've never seen and I liked it. Also, it sets up the Stingue moments nicely.

Today was the first day of the Grand Magic Games and nobody could be more excited.

Chelia grabbed onto Wendy's hand and squealed.

"Maybe I should do the first challenge! Oooh! Maybe it's something fun!" Chelia giggled excitedly.

Wendy glanced at the arena with worry. It wasn't set up yet, but she was still did not want Chelia to go.

"Maybe you should let someone else go first... you know, save your energy." She said, giving Chelia a smile that she tried to make look innocent.

Chelia clearly saw right through it and looked into Wendy's eyes.

"Aww! Someone's worried about me!" She gave Wendy a charming smile.

Wendy tried to find a way to deny it, but she knew that Chelia would see through it yet again.

"Well... you are my Mate!" Wendy felt like she was defending herself... even though she had the right to be worried.

"I love you! I don't want to watch you get hurt!" Wendy continued to defend.

"Oh alright. But you can't stop me from going tomorrow!" Wendy let out a relieved breath.

Chelia pulled Wendy closer by their conjoined hands and set her head on the blue-haired girl's shoulder.

"It's nice to see you all protective." She whispered.

Wendy blushed a bit and scratched the back of her neck.

Wendy knew just how much Chelia liked seeing her get all possessive.

<><><>

"From Fairy Tail A, Natsu Dragneel!"

"From Fairy Tail B, Gajeel Redfox!"

"From Sabertooth, Sting Eucliff!"

"From Mermaid Heel, Beth!"

"From Blue Pegasus, Ren!"

"From Lamia Scale, Toby!"

<><><>

Natsu did a weird wave as he walked past Gray, blowing a kiss while also somehow flipping him off at the same time.

Nothing showcased their relationship better than that.

"Hey, Gaj!" Natsu greeted as the Iron Dragon Slayer made his way onto the field beside the Fire one.

"Hey, Firebreath." Natsu growled at the words and made his way to the barren arena.

Wonder what this challenge was going to be.

<><><>

"And now for today's challenge!" The announcer cried.

"Today's is one of..."

The entire stadium of people held their breath as he took his time, drawing out the suspense.

"Patience."

"That's it. We're doomed." Both Erza and Mirajane spoke the same words at the same time, looking at their different representatives.

Minerva just let out a sigh and shook her head.

Yukino put a consoling hand on Minerva's shoulder and she tensed for a moment before relaxing under the hand.