Chapter Twenty

"Ren Akatsuki and Sherry Akatsuki!"

Chelia froze, looking over at her girlfriend with worried eyes.

"We can do it," Wendy whispered, giving her girlfriend an encouraging smile.

"Of course we can!" Chelia cried happily.

They had been perfecting their doubles fighting for months now.

Chelia grabbed onto Wendy's hand and held it into the air.

Cheering ensued, all the Fairy Tail members and fans going wild for the two girls.

"Come on, WenWen!" Chelia called before leading Wendy down to the stadium.

When they stepped into the arena, the cheering reached its max volume.

Chelia used her and Wendy's conjoined hands to wave to all their fans.

Sherry giggled at her cousin's antics before her eyes turned fierce.

"Don't think I'm going easy on you just because you're my cousin!" Sherry taunted.

"Wouldn't dream of it!" Chelia shouted.

"You're giving your all, so I'll have to do the same! That's love!"

Sherry looked at her cousin with a bit of fondness mixed with pride.

Ren dropped into a ready position and Wendy did the same, preparing herself for their fight.

"Ready... set.... GO!" The announcer screamed.

A big chunk of the concrete wall, that had come off the day before during the fight between Millianna and Kagura vs. Gajeel and Levy, somehow stood, growing a face that leered at Wendy and Chelia.

That clearly came from Sherry's doll attack.

Wendy glanced at Chelia and saw her eyeing her cousin.

Wendy and Chelia's strategy was completely different from Kagura and Millianna's.

They stuck together.

They were both healers as well as fighters and were planning on using that to their advantage.

Wendy had more magical stamina while Chelia had more physical stamina.

They made them a great duo.

She saw Ren and Sherry exchange a look before they started to move towards Chelia and Wendy.

Wendy knew Chelia well enough to know that she would want to go up against Sherry.

Of course she did.

Wendy glanced at her and arched an eyebrow, asking silently what their plan was.

Chelia flashed a two with her fingers, just out of view from her cousin and her husband.

Wendy nodded in acceptance.

Two wasn't exactly her favorite, but it was probably the best option for this fight.

Wendy grabbed onto Chelia's hand for a moment.

Ren raised an eyebrow and he came closer, looking more than a bit predatory.

Sherry's brows furrowed and she looked at their hands as if trying to solve a puzzle.

Wendy tried best to look scared.

Chelia did the same and Ren drew closer, more determined.

When he came within seven feet, Chelia and Wendy snapped upright and Wendy leaned forward, using her powers to shoot a burst of air behind her and propel her forward.