Chapter Thirty-Three

A/N: I'm so sorry I haven't been updating. I got the flu and could NOT focus on anything, so that got me out of the game for a week... and now I'm trying to actually write my own good story (no, not anything posted. It's about something else and I'm pretty proud so far)... and now I'm having trouble with this fan fiction stuff because... I think I've grown as a writer. I've looked up some tips and stuff and I've started working on my weak dialogue. (I even started doing some writing prompts I've posted). So now, the chapters are going to be 1,000 words instead of the normal 2,000 because I want to give you guys more chapters. If you're interested, a description of my new story will be at the end. I've gotten a better story idea so I'm kind of abandoning everything but this and the writing prompts.

^^^

Lucy guessed that telling Jason about them wasn't the worst thing...

She'd been silent when Erza had simply told him, not doing anything special for the announcement.

It was a good thing to tell him, she guessed.

They didn't want people to randomly ask about who they were dating.

Erza sat down beside her again, making Lucy relax a bit.

Even after Mating Season had ended, she still took comfort in having Erza close to her.

She reached over and took Erza's hand, enjoying the feel of her calloused touch against her own soft hand.

She guessed it was worth it to tell him so she could do this in public.

<><><>

Natsu bounced his leg up and down impatiently as he watched the reporter talk to practically everyone but him and Gray.

The reporter had even talked to Gajeel and Levy about whatever he kept asking people.

Natsu knew there was some sort of pattern to what he was asking, but he hadn't been able to put it together quite yet.

"Are we telling him, Flamebrain?"

Natsu furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at his boyfriend.

"About what?"

Gray sighed and slapped his palm against his face.

"About us? That's clearly why he asked all the couples to come tonight."

Natsu's eyes widened in realization.

He looked around the room as if seeing it for the first time.

So that was the pattern!

"Why do I love you again?" asked Gray, shaking his head.

"Because I'm awesome, Ice Princess."

Just then, the reporter looked at them and made his way over.

"So are we telling him or not?" asked Gray impatiently.

"If we tell him can we go back to the hotel diner? I'm starving."

Gray let out a laugh.

"Sure, Natsu."

"Hi! It's great to see you here tonig-r

"We're together! Now let's get some food!"

Natsu snatched onto Gray's hand and pulled him out of the room.

"Now why didn't we do that?" Millianna asked Kagura from the other side of the room.

<><><>

The rest of the night went along smoothly, Sting pulling a Natsu and just yelling at the reporter from across the room before running out to get some food with Rogue, the two of them eating way too much (okay, just Sting eating too much) before going back to their rooms for an early night.