Chapter Twenty-Eight

A/N: I'm not completely sure about Minerva's powers, but I remember her like teleporting away from Kagura and Erza during the GMG and she WAS a demon for a bit so I'm going to assume she's pretty powerful.

"Minerva Orland and Yukino Agria against..."

"Freed Justine and Laxus Dreyer!"

There was a stunned silence before the crowd erupted into cheers at the announcement.

Yukino took a deep breath and looked at her girlfriend.

They could do this...

Probably.

It wasn't like Laxus was one of the strongest Fairy Tail members.

It wasn't like Laxus was also fighting with his boyfriend and would be fifty times more aggressive if his Mate got hurt.

It wasn't like Laxus could probably eviscerate them without a second thought.

Nope.

Not at all.

Not one bit.

Yukino shook her head with a bit of amusement.

That was almost Minerva level sarcasm right there.

She'd learned from the best.

The two Gaybertoo-Sabertooth members made their way to the arena.

Yukino grabbed onto her Mate's hand for a bit of silent support.

She squeezed it with a bit of apprehension.

Minerva squeezed back, though hers was somehow reassuring instead of terrified.

That was a bit mystifying, how a squeeze could community such different meanings with so few differences...

Yukino knew she shouldn't find it that interesting, but it was really the distraction that fascinated her so much.

She took a deep breath, shaking her head slightly to get back on track.

She couldn't afford to be distracted right now.

She needed to be at the top of her game.

She was about to fight against Fairy Tail... with her girlfriend.

Oh no, what if she got hurt?!

What if Yukino was unable to help her?!

Yukino stopped herself from shaking at the terrifying thoughts.

It was difficult.

Minerva seemed to understand what she was thinking and gave her a long, comforting look.

It really was amazing that she could calm her so much with such a simple glance.

No words were even needed at the time.

Yukino felt herself truly relaxing now and was soon able to let go of her girlfriend's hand...

Even if she didn't want to. It wasn't her fault her symptoms were still going on! Well... alright, she was supposed to be the one to end Mating Season with a mark, BUT IT WASN'T HER FAULT OKAY?!

And now she was getting sidetracked, yet again.

She turned her eyes to the other entrance to the arena and saw Freed and Laxus entering.

That wasn't terrifying at all.

Not at all.

Not entirely intimidating.