Chapter Eighteen

There was a giggling sound.

Kagura knew it wasn't coming from Millianna because she was... well the two were kissing when the swordswoman heard the sound.

She realized what that meant a moment too late and hurriedly pulled away from Millianna.

She looked over from their small, dark little cubbyhole-like space to see...

Everyone.

And she wasn't being dramatic.

She saw literally every Mermaid Heel member that had come to the Grand Magic Games.

It was Beth, however, who was giggling.

"I so called it! Pay up, Risley!" She cried.

Risley sighed and reached into her pocket and pulled out an obnoxiously large amount of Jewels.

Kagura was blushing a deep scarlet color as she saw many of her guildmates laughing or grinning.

Millianna didn't seem too upset, still smiling and leaning against Kagura in their small spot.

That was something they had decided.

When they were in the open, Millianna was more than willing to let Kagura keep up her image.

Millianna glanced at Kagura's face and sighed, pulling away.

As Kagura was far too shocked and embarrassed to say anything, Millianna decided to ask what her girlfriend would want to say.

"Did you bet on us getting together?" Millianna asked.

Risley and Beth both laughed.

"Of course not! Everyone knew you would get together. We just bet on when you would get together... speaking of which..." Beth turned around and demanded more Jewels from another Mermaid Heel member.

Millianna tried not to laugh at the words.

It was really funny though...

She glanced back at her girlfriend and sighed, seeing she was still blushing.

She grabbed onto Kagura's hand and pulled her out of the dark little side cubby.

She wasn't even sure what that would be used for.

What even was it?

But that wasn't the point.

She pulled Kagura past their guildmates.

"Come on, Kagy." She cast a glare at her guildmates that told them to not follow Millianna and Kagura... but of course not a single one of them did as she had instructed.

"Wait, wait, wait! How long have you two been together?" Risley asked, running up beside Millianna.

"Since last night." The feline-like girl responded.

Risley sighed.

"A day before and I would have won! What took Kagura so long to make the first move?!" Risley asked dramatically.

"She didn't make the first move. I got tired of waiting." Millianna grinned as she heard several gasps and laughs from her guildmates.

Kagura finally took a deep breath and calmed herself, but the redness in her cheeks was still present.

Millianna wasn't sure if she'd ever get rid of that blush...

It was a bit concerning for the swordswoman's girlfriend.

"You have no right to ask these questions," Kagura said in the most commanding voice she could muster up.

It didn't even scare anyone.