Chapter Twenty-One

"You alright, Sherry? I thought we might have gone a little too hard on you," Chelia said with a sincere look on her face, but her eyes had a certain amount of delight at her cousin having lost.

Chelia offered her hand to help Sherry up, but she ignored it and stood on her own.

Chelia giggled as Sherry stumbled a bit.

"You sure?" She asked.

Sherry gave her the same false sweet smile.

"Of course!"

The elder of the two cousins tried not to limp as she made her way to the exit of the arena they had just fought in.

Ren was still lying there, but Sherry didn't seem to notice as her cousin walked beside her, looking completely fine.

The same couldn't quite be said for Wendy.

She had been the one sent to destroy Sherry's minions and she didn't heal like Chelia did.

Chelia glanced at her and gave her a little bit of healing, but it tapered off at the end.

Wendy grabbed her own magical source and healed Chelia's power reserve a bit as well.

"Thanks," Chelia whispered, giving her a wink.

Wendy smiled back.

She wanted to keep talking, but Chelia hurried forward and started talking to her cousin.

Wendy tried to listen in, but the cheering from the crowd in the stadium made that a bit difficult.

Wendy wondered, almost absentmindedly, if Ren was still laying unconscious in the stadium.

She assumed that he wasn't considering they liked to clear them out as quickly as possible.

They'd probably hauled him off, dragging him across the ground.

Wendy tried not to laugh when she heard her Mate speak.

"I thought the battle would last longer!"

Sherry stiffened and Wendy tried incredibly hard to keep a straight face.

"Yes, in fact your gloating has lasted longer than the battle, I believe."

Wendy pressed her lips together to avoid bursting out in laughter.

Chelia giggled at her cousin's words.

"That hasn't been very long at all." She responded.

Wendy trailed after the two of them.

Chelia finally bid her cousin goodbye, with one last snappy comment, before she turned back to her girlfriend and grabbed her hand, skipping down the hallways to Fairy Tail.

"The last day of competition is going to be so much fun!" Chelia said, already skipping several days of the competition as if they were nothing.

Wendy laughed at the words as she was pulled along behind her.

"Yup!" She agreed finally.

<><><>

Minerva looked over at her girlfriend and found herself smiling as they sat at the counter.

"That last fight was pretty intense," Yukino said.

Minerva nodded at the words.

That it was.

Pretty impressive too.

Those two girls had beaten Sherry and Ren.

Those two were supposed to be pretty strong.

Mating Season, A Sequelजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें