0.9 | what are you?

"Renjun?" I exclaim in surprise as he opens his door to his apartment. He was on sick leave today and wasn't present at school, so I came to deliver homework to him.

"H-Hey, Hye In." His voice was coarse.

"Are you okay?" She looks at the boy with messy hair with worry.

"Yes. You came to pass me the work right? Thanks." He extended a hand to take it, but all of a sudden, he slumped over and passed out in my arms.

"Renjun? Yah, Renjun!" I shook him gently and sighed.

__________________________

He hissed in pain as soon as he woke up.

"You're running a fever." I spoke up, and he turns to look at me and gasped.

"What? I'm not a ghost." I rolled my eyes at his bizarre reaction.

He pursed his lips and kept his silence. I handed him some hot chocolate.

"This might help you I guess." He takes it in his hands, but as soon as I let go, it slips from his fingers and spills onto his bed, scalding his hands as he tried to grasp for it.

"Oh god! I'm sorry." I hurriedly got off the chair and ran to the kitchen to get some cloth and cold water.

When I returned, Renjun was halfway out of his room and he supported himself by using the wall.

"Hey! What are you doing—"

"Get out, now." His voice was extremely serious.

"What? But you..."

"Quickly!" He was cradling his head in his hands and was sweating profusely.

"Why? You—

My breath hitched as he looked up at me. "Leave. Now."

His eyes were the ones that surprised me most. They were glowing a bright orange-red. And then there was something sharp peeking out from beneath his lips.

"Renjun, you..."

My eyes dart to his hand that was supposed to be scalded badly. But I couldn't find a single trace nor a single mark left on his hand.

They might be closer to you than you think.

"What are you?"