3.0 | unspoken feelings

a/n: haechan TT. longest chapter yet!

Haechan was sprawled onto the ground, his breathing unstable. His eyes were barely open, very badly swollen.

He grimaced as he forced himself to get up, and that was when I could clearly see blood dripping down his chin.

The true horrors of a werewolf's strength...and I had to experience it first hand.

"Oh my god." My breath hitched as I instinctively tried to take a step forward. Renjun gripped my wrist, stopping me.

"This is his fight. Trust him." He whispered, eyes etched onto the father and son.

I hesitantly nodded, following his gaze.

Haechan straightens his back, coming face to face with the werewolf leader.

"I have to stop your madness." Contrary to his weakened state, his tone was determined.

The werewolf king laughs sardonically. "Go ahead. We haven't had a brawl in a long while, I'm quite excited."

Gradually, Haechan's human features turned into one that reflected his father's.

He forces himself into a sprint towards his enemy, expression tense. His speed was so extraordinarily fast, I couldn't even properly comprehend what happened next.

He throws a punch directed towards the older male — the latter easily dodging it.

"You're too slow, Haechan. You always are." The werewolf mocked, evil grin on his face.

"Shut up." He growls, pissed off.

The cycle of Haechan trying to land a punch on his father repeats again and again, until he starts to struggle with breathing.

"I think I had enough fun with you," The burly man's pupils were darkened, his eyes flickering to me.

"You betrayed me because of that girl, isn't it," His lips curved into a wicked smile. Unlike Haechan, he didn't seem worn out at all.

"Then, I'll get rid of her."

My eyes widened as he pounces right at me. It was all too quick, and I knew I wouldn't be able to react in time.

So I shut my eyes up tightly, awaiting the pain.

That never came.

Instead, I felt a pair of warm arms embrace me tightly.

The ground shook as the werewolf landed on the floor, and some sort of hot liquid was splashed onto me.

I knew at the back of my mind what it was, so I reluctantly opened my eyes. I had to...

And came face to face with Renjun, who was smiling.

The contrast between what I had expected and his calm face confused me, until I looked down at my clothes.

They were soaked in a dark, red liquid. The stench of iron was so strong, there was no doubt. It was blood.

Not mine — but his.

His body goes limp as I come to this realisation, and he falls to the ground like a rag doll.

I gasped, coming to my senses and kneeling onto the ground beside him.

"Renjun—

"Don't move."

That sinister voice warned, his claw close to my neck.

My eyes glazed with tears, I looked up at him.

"Or what? You'll kill me?" My tone was icy, void of emotion.

He seemed surprised for a moment, which allowed me to continue.

"Do it— if you can," I challenged, my orbs travelling onto someone behind him.

"They say to never turn your back against an opponent."

Haechan's claws wrapped around his father's neck. With the sickening sound of the crunching of bones, his eyes rolled back and he collapsed to the floor, motionless.

With that, my gaze returned to him, a tear slipping down my cheek. Blood was pooling around his body. Lots of it, and that was abnormal.

Vampires have great regeneration skills — so why was he bleeding out?

Why?

I had to find a cause, but my mind was a blur. Frantic.

"His heart." Haechan's voice cleared the fog in my head.

I look up at him slowly. He had transformed back to his human form.

"What?" I croaked.

He darts his eyes away from me, towards Renjun.

"He pierced his heart. Vampires...can't regenerate their hearts."

He explains sombrely.

"What do you mean? You mean he's...h-he's going to die?" My voice was shaky, unclear.

Haechan remained silent, and I took that to be a yes.

"Is there— is there nothing to help him?"

By now, tears were spilling down my cheeks. I tried hard not to let my voice tremble.

But he couldn't answer me. A cold, clammy hand clasped mine.

I turned to the floor, seeing Renjun trying to smile. It appeared more like a grimace to me, which hurt my heart.

"N-no. There's...nothing. Just leave." His voice was raspy — weak.

"What are you talking about? No! You still—

"Haechan." He manages to squeeze out, looking away from me, his eyes now closed.

Haechan purses his lips, feeling reluctant, but yanks on my arm anyway. In an instant, I'm standing.

"Renjun!" I choked out, pleading for the last time.

"Go, Hye In," He breathes out in pain. "Let Haechan take care of you."

And I...I love you.

FIN.

__________________________

a/n: ok ok calm down folks i know how y'all feeling but there WILL be an epilogue just wait for it !!