2.4 | threat

Day 6, morning

"I'll ask again, sir. Where is the girl?"

Jaemin, his facial expression stiff, met the werewolf king's steady gaze.

"...Your new king. Who is he?"

He did not answer, and only asked a question in return. This irritated Jaemin, but he thought it wouldn't be so bad to see the werewolf king's expression change.

"Isn't it obvious enough? For sure, that would be Huang Renjun, only son to the vampire king,"

Jaemin smiled in pleasure as he witnessed the man before him grow paler by the second.

The room is left in a momentary silence until the vampire decides to announce,

"If you refuse to return the human girl to us, we vampires will resort to physical means...in which case,"

The werewolf eyes him closely, clearly wary of his next words.

"It means war."

"War?" The werewolf narrows his eyes.

For hundreds of years now, both of the races have been on opposing sides, each ruling half of the underworld's space. Each wanting to prove their own ideals and power.

But the vampires have never been this aggressive before.

So...the vampires are willingly resorting to war now...for the sake of one human girl?

To the werewolf king, that was fishy.

He chuckles. "You're suggesting to engage? You must know that that is what we exactly want. All the more reason to not release her."

He eyes Jaemin closely, but he remains stoic.

Jaemin's lips curved into a confident grin.

"Of course, I'm aware of that fact. But according to my intel, sir, I believe your army is currently no match for ours."

The werewolf king scoffs. "Intel? Where could you have gotten such infor—

He stops short as he slowly takes in Jaemin's smug smile.

"—No. Don't tell me..."

He knits his brows together. It was true that the werewolf army was in no condition to fight. After all, the king had sent out a few troops to assist in the rebuilding of a fallen bridge in one of the towns.

There was absolutely no way the vampires would know of this fact. Unless...

"I'm sure you know, king."

____________________________

A/N: shorter chapter this week probably means longer chapter next week haha