1.3 | a visit

A/N: haven't seen Haechan in 928384 chapters here he is

"Jeno?" As I stepped into my human home, my eyes met with Jeno who was lazing on the sofa.

He jolts upright upon hearing my voice and smiles.

"Why are you here?" I questioned, and entered my room located just beside the couch.

"To check on you as always." He simply says.

"Well, you've done your thing. Leave." I tossed my schoolbag aside and left my room.

"I don't plan to do that so soon." He replies as I made my way to the kitchen counter.

"Oh gosh, fine. Stay here as long as you want." I tell him in a sarcastic tone.

"I think it was a good idea to check on you at this time." He neglects my sarcasm and comments.

"Yeah? Why?" I retrieved my mug and placed in on the counter.

"I saw someone interesting in your class." I was about to open the refrigerator, but froze mid way.

I decide to laugh it off. "Really? I don't think there's anyone like that..."

Jeno probably got off the couch as I could hear a creak, followed by footsteps approaching me.

"Yeah, right," Jeno stops right by the counter. "There's this girl that keeps hanging around the vampire prince. Soojung's in your class, isn't she? No, wait,"

"Park Hye In, was it?"

I took the carton of milk out from the fridge and it closed with a thud.

"There's no escaping your radar, is there..." I mumbled.

"She looks just like Soojung, huh? How do you feel about that?"

"...Nothing. The girl isn't Soojung. She...she's long dead."

Jeno smiles in amusement. "That's good. Don't get your feelings...or guilt, in the way, Hae. Hye In isn't Soojung. She can never be."

He pats my back twice. "Does this mean...I can tell Uncle? Though I'm not sure what he'll do. You know he can do anything just to win."

"...Do as you wish." I answered rather reluctantly, hoping that it didn't show.

His lips curved into a lopsided grin. "Alright. Then I'll be leaving for home. Come back soon, Haechan!"