1.4 | missing

It has been a week. A week since Hye In and I had that talk in the classroom. As she promised, she hasn't asked me a single question about the underworld.

Though we do have conversations, they were short and we always kept things vague.

Today was the beginning of the second week since that day. It was early in the morning and I arrived in class early.

There were barely any students that arrived.

As time passed and the time of the first lesson edged closer, the classroom is filled in no time...

...But Hye In was nowhere to be seen.

And this continued on for about three days, with her being absent for three consecutive days. I found it odd, and would be lying if I said I wasn't worried.

That was when on the fifth day of that second week, when I came home from school, Jaemin greeted me in my apartment with a troubled look on his face.

"What happened? Why the sullen look?" I frowned and Jaemin bit his lower lip.

"It's..."

I had a very bad feeling about this.

"It's Hye In." He breaths out.

Warning bells instantly began ringing in my head. "What, what happened to her?"

"She...the werewolf clan found out about her. Seeing as though she has the same face as Soojung, it would be no surprise they would use her to bait you."

I immediately ran up to him and grabbed his collar. "So? What is it? Tell me."

Jaemin gulped. "I knew this would upset you. It's been a while since I've seen your angered face, cousin,"

He smiles in amusement.

"Uncle told me not to tell you, though."

"Say it. Now."

Jaemin grabs my arms and yanks me off him.

"She's been captured by them, and they have asked for you to come."