2.6 | home sweet home

a/n: aaaand this story's finally back! thank you for waiting :)

"Can you tell me what on earth is going on now?"

Hye In says as soon as Haechan and herself stepped out from a mirror, and into a room that looked particularly familiar.

But she paid that no mind.

Haechan turns to look at her. "Well—

He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted by a third voice.

"Hye In?"

The gentle tone of voice echoed throughout the room.

She blinks slowly, turning to look at the source of the voice.

There, standing in the doorway was none other than...

"...Renjun?"

She says in surprise, clearly not expecting him to be there.

She furrows her brows, "I thought you were...?"

There was mild confusion in her voice.

But Renjun simply smiled in relief, taking a few steps towards her and engulfing her in a tight hug.

She gasps in astonishment, freezing at the sudden contact. When she finally processed her thoughts, he had already pulled away, mumbling a short apology.

"Sorry. I was just glad to see that you're fine."

He flashes her a brief smile, before turning to Haechan with a serious gaze.

"Well...I guess, thank you, Haechan."

Haechan casts his eyes away from him. "I didn't do it for you. It was for her."

"For...her?" Hye In furrows her brows. He didn't exactly seem to be referring to herself.

"The both of you, I think you owe me an explanation on many things. What's going on...? Why was I taken? Why me, of all people?"

The two boys looked at the confused girl with their lips curved into deep frowns.

Alas, Renjun released a long sigh.

"This may take a long time...do you still want to listen?"

______________________________

For the next hour, both the vampire and the werewolf explained to her about everything they knew. About their plans on saving her.

About moment they first met Soojung — the woman they both loved — to the moment of her last breath.

About their war. Everything.

"So...you're telling me that I knew you in my past life?"

"...Yes. That's exactly it." Renjun replies. The three were seated at the dining table.

"And because of our connection in my past life, your father has chosen to abduct me to lure Renjun out?"

Hye In regards Haechan.

The latter nods solemnly.

"I'm really sorry this happened, Hye In. Your current life should have nothing to do with this, but—

"That's enough,"

She cuts the werewolf off, looking up at him from the table.

"You...don't have to apologise. I'm fine now, aren't I?"

She says softly. If anything, Haechan was an important friend to her. If what they just told her about Soojung and Haechan was true...he would be the one who was hurting the most.

There wasn't a need for him to apologise.

"Yes...you are," He cracked a tiny, wistful smile at her. "Considering how things are going, my father would not dare to lay another hand on you until those rebuilding the bridge has returned."

"Alright."

"But just in case, Hye In...you should stay here, in my apartment, until it is surely safe for you."

Renjun piques up after Hye In and Haechan finished their conversation.

She widens her eyes in obvious surprise. She could very well comprehend why he made such an offer, but still...

"I-I understand."

It flustered her.

_______________________________