1.1 | curiosity kills the cat

"You sent her home?" As I entered my own apartment, Jaemin who was sitting on my couch asked.

"Yeah." I shrug, removing my shoes in the doorway and stepped onto the wooden tiles.

"Do you realise what you're doing? What you said to her earlier—"

Because I like you. My own voice resounded through my mind.

It wasn't a surprise that Jaemin had heard what I said...after all, we have a keen sense of hearing.

"Shut up, I know," I cut him off sharply. "It was a mistake. I wasn't in my right mind."

"A mistake? She remembers it, you know. That's why she asked you about it."

I sighed, trudging to my room. "I don't need you to tell me that. I could say the same to you. You dragged her into our world first by giving her Mark's address!"

"I didn't intend for her to concern herself further. I thought she would back away, frightened." Jaemin explains calmly.

"She obviously didn't!"

Gritting his teeth, Jaemin shoots up from his spot on the sofa and turns to look at me.

"And you? Getting so agitated because a mere human girl is unlike you. Why is that? Isn't that because she..." He hesitates.

"...Reminds you of Soojung?"

I froze, standing in the doorway of my room.

"So I'm right." He huffs.

"...Don't speak of her." I lowered my voice significantly, casting my eyes to the ground.

"Fine, but let me warn you, my cousin..." I heard his footsteps move towards the direction of my spare room, the room next to mine.

"If she is truly the reincarnation of her, if you care about her, this is the extent she should know about us."

____________

A/N: heeeey! what are your thoughts on the story so far?? any guesses on what  happened in the past?