1.8 | old friends

Day 3, morning

"Don't act rashly, Renjun!" Jaemin yells at me.

"Then what do you expect me to do? Leave her there, alone?" I snapped back at him, and he frowns.

"You can't go there. It's nothing but a trap. It's too risky."

"Fine, what else can we do, then?" I stare directly at Jaemin.

"...Do you really want to save her, no matter what?" He slowly asks.

"Of course." I nodded.

"Alright. Then I'll tell you what I have in mind. You'll need someone from the inside to help you—"

"No." I cut him off sharply, realising what he was about to suggest.

Jaemin pursed his lips. "Look, I know about what happened a century ago, but this is currently the only way."

"I'm not getting help from him. You know I can't trust him. Who knows, maybe he's already aware of this." I argued stubbornly.

"I knew you would say that," Jaemin sighs. "Well then...don't be mad that I decided to take matters in my own hands."

I glanced up at him in question of his words, and that was when the doorbell rang.

"You didn't—"

I didn't even have a chance to complete my sentence as Jaemin walked over to the door and opened it, revealing someone that I didn't wish to see.

"Haechan." I mumbled to no one in particular.

The werewolf stood in the doorway, eyes darting back and forth between the two of us.

"What kind of joke is this? I only came because some guy named Mark came up to me and said it was an emergency..." He scoffed.

This is the only way.

Do you really want to save her, no matter what?

Jaemin's convincing voice resounded through my head.

"What kind of ridiculous..." Haechan huffed, and turned on his heels.

I gritted my teeth and steeled my nerves as my lips reluctantly parted to speak.

"...Wait," My voice stopped Haechan from moving. "I...need your help."