2.7 | candid

Moonlight filters in the transparent windows. The bedroom wasn't totally engulfed in darkness like the one in the underworld.

Considering how relieved I felt the moment I stepped foot onto the surface, I should have easily fallen asleep.

But no. That wasn't the case.

No matter how much I tried to close my eyes and drift off to sleep, it was nearly impossible.

Too many thoughts were running through my mind. To think I was such an important piece in the underworld's history. To think the me in my past life had meant so much to my two friends.

What I should be most worried of was my safety, or Haechan's and Jaemin's, considering how Haechan returned to the underworld to ensure that their plan was going smoothly.

But that wasn't it at all.

The one thing on my mind was my unfinished business with Renjun. Before I was kidnapped to the underworld...things did not end too well between us.

I'm still confused. Not of my own feelings, but of his.

Having thought enough of this, I got out of bed with a sigh and headed to Renjun's kitchen to get a glass of warm water.

I didn't turn on the lights since I was afraid that it would wake him up.

So in the darkness, I quietly searched for a mug.

When I finally did, it was on the top shelf. I tip toed so that I could reach it, but...

...That only ended up backfiring on me. My grip on the mug loosened, and it shatters as it hits the kitchen counter.

Oh, no.

The sound of the glass breaking must've woke Renjun up.

Almost instantly, the lights for the kitchen flickers open.

I wince at the sudden exposure to light, and when my eyes opened, it met with his.

"...What happened?" His worried gaze regards me. When I don't reply, his eyes cast away from mine to the kitchen counter.

I hear him gasp softly.

"Are you hurt anywhere?!" He swiftly strides towards me, taking my hands in his and inspecting them.

"I'm fi—

I was about to say that I was fine, but my next words get stuck in my throat as I notice a fresh wound on my index finger. The glass shards must have grazed my skin.

"—Oh."

I quickly pulled away, hiding my hand away from his line of sight.

My eyes then dart up to Renjun's face, which was turned away from me, his hand over his eyes.

This reminded me of when I had grazed my knee, and he had brought me to the nurse's office. He had the same reaction then.

"I-I'll clean the glass up. You should wash your wound and bandage it."

He says, eyes refusing to meet me. His hand remained there, shielding his eyes.

I frown, turning towards the sink. Even so, he did not make any movements to pick the glass shards up.

Is my blood...that foul?

I wash the wound under the running water.

At that moment, only the sound of running water and glass clinking resounded throughout the kitchen.

It was undeniably awkward.

At last, we finally finished what they we meant to do. I pasted a plaster on my cut and Renjun deposited the broken glass into the bin.

Renjun was the one who broke the silence first.

"Here, some water," He offers me a mug.

"If there's nothing else, I'll head back to my room."

He turns to go, but I call out.

"No, wait," I begin.

"Why...do you dislike me?" I slowly lifted my gaze from the ground to him.

"Dislike you?" He repeats, confused.

"Well, yes. You're...you're too mean to me."

"What?"

There was no going back. I couldn't hold back my emotions. Perhaps the fact that I got kidnapped made me a little more...vulnerable.

And from listening to what happened to myself in my past life, I didn't want to have any regrets. Either of them could very much disappear the next day.

"Firstly you told me that you like me. Then you took back your words. Now...you're treating me too nicely. Perhaps you're pitying me or think it's some sort of responsibility or view me as Soojung, but...but it's making me feel very confused,"

Tears involuntarily welled up in my eyes as I spill my thoughts.

"Maybe you don't know, but I like you. So can you...tell me your true feelings? How do you view me?"
___________________________

a/n: relationship progressing! loading....