I'm Sorry

Third Person POV

Marco felt terrible about what he had done. In that moment, he felt like he had no control over what he was saying. His team mates tried to pry out answers about Alex's career, but it was as if Marco was mute. He laid on his bed and stared up at the ceiling.

"Hey Marco," said Mario coming into his room along with Marc. Marco didn't bother to give them a response.

"I messed up," Marco said, his voice cracking.

"I'm gonna be honest and agree," said Marc.

"What do I do?"Marco asked, sitting up in his bed.

"Go talk to her. Apologize to her," suggests Mario.

"But she's mad at me right now," he replies, running his hands through his hair.

"She's gonna be mad at you forever it you don't," states Marc.

"Come on," he offers his hand, pulling Marco up from his bed.

Marco's POV

It's been 3 days since that day. I haven't seen Alex. She went to Wolfsburg to check on Roman. They were supposed to return today. I haven't talked to anyone except Marc and Mario. At first everyone was angry that she hadn't told us. Then Lucien explained that for some reason, it was a part of her contract. The players weren't supposed to know that she was a football player. Unfortunately, none of us kept up with women's football so we didn't know.

"Guess who's back mother fuckers!" we hear Roman yell from the foyer. Everyone got up and ran to greet him. It had been 3 weeks since we last saw him.

"How are you feeling?" Lucien asks.

"Better than ever," Roman answers confidently.

"Good to have you back," I say, giving him a bro hug. As everyone continued firing questions at him, my mind went back to Alex. Where was she? Then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw her slip into the dining area with Lucien.

"When can he start playing?" he asks her.

"Whenever he wants" she replies.

"Good"

"Um, since the contracts broken will I-" Alex began, but was cut off by Lucien.

"No you're fine. It wasn't your fault anyway."

"Oh good," Alex breathes, relieved.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

I find myself standing outside the door to Alex's room debating on knocking. Realizing that I have no other option, I tentatively reach up and knock on the door. No response. I try again. Still no response.

"Alex it's Marco," I say my voice breaking a little.

"It's open," she says softly.

I open the door to find her sitting on the window sill looking out. Something, I've realized, she does when she has something on her mind. I stand there in the middle of her room unsure what to do.

"What do you want," she asks coldly.

"I wanted to apologize," I say. "I was out of line."

"That you were," she says turning around.

"I didn't know it was a part of the contract," I whisper, looking down.

"So if you knew it was, you would've kept quiet?" she asks raising her eyebrow. I stay silent, not knowing how to respond.

"Exactly," she says. I stand there with my mouth open, trying to find something to say. Suddenly, I hear a small laugh. I look up to see Alex hiding her mouth with her hand.

"You look like a fish," she states, smiling.

"So you forgive me?" I ask hopefully.

"Of course, dummy," she laughs, opening her arms to me.