Confidential Information

Alex POV

"This information, can under no circumstances, leave this room," Lucien states firmly. 

"Yes, of course," I respond. 

"Okay, this is the file information for each of the players," he begins. "Arsenal wants to buy Auba and Real Betis wants Marc."

"What? Have you told them?" I ask in shock. They can't leave, it would mess up the whole team.

"No. I want you to take a look at the stats and see if transferring them would be a good idea."

"Okay. But what if-" I begin. 

"No buts," Lucien interrupts. 

"I want everything thoroughly examined," he says.

"Yes, sir," I answer, giving him a mock salute. He laughs giving me a hug. 

"If you don't mind me asking, how much are they offering?"

"55 million for Auba and 15 million for Marc."(this is probably not right but it's just a story)

"Woah," I whisper, my eyes wide.

"Anyway, we're done here," Lucien says. "Remember, no one knows about anything from this meeting."

"What meeting?" I ask with a smile before leaving the room. As I walk away from the room, I see a flash of blond disappear behind the corner. What was that? My curiosity getting the best of me, I quietly walk to the wall and pop my head around the corner. I scan the hallway that was empty. Weird. I thought to myself. Shrugging it off I made my way back to the hotel building. 

-  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

one week later

Third Person POV

"I can't believe this," Lucien muttered angrily, staring at the magazine article. 

"What happened?" Marco asked, munching on an apple. A habit he had picked up from Alex. The boys leaned over their coaches shoulder. 

"Aubameyang and Bartra transfer rumors," Mario read out loud.

"What?" Marc and Auba exclaimed. Lucien let out a sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Arsenal and Real Betis wanted to buy you," Lucien explained. "You weren't supposed to find out about it until Alex examined the teams stats." 

"I trusted her." he said shaking his head.

"Who?" Auba asked.

"Alex. She was the only one I told, and I asked her to keep it a secret," he admited.

"Alex would never do that. There has to be some explanation" Marco said firmly.

"The explain this Marco," Lucien snapped. Everyone went silent. No one could believe that Alex would do such a thing. They heard the door open making everyone look towards the entrance to the lounge room. Alex came in setting her phone on the table, and grabbing a bottle of water from the fridge. She was about to take a sip but she stopped.

"Why are you all looking at me like that?" she asked, her eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

"Explain this," Marco said, shoving the magazine article in her face. She took it from him and scanned the page. Her eyes widened. 

"I swear I didn't tell anyone," she said. 

"Don't lie to me," Lucien responded coldly. 

"No, I'm telling the truth. You have to believe me," she begged. 

"Marco, you believe me don't you?" she gave him a pleading look. He stared at her for a few seconds before looking away. 

"I don't know."

"What do you mean? You all know I would never do something like this."

"How else would they have found out if you didn't tell?" Auba asked. 

"I-I don't know. Maybe... Someone overheard us," Alex stuttered, tugging at her hair. 

"Impossible, no one knows where that office is. It's private," Lucien stated. 

"Then I don't know what to say," Alex whispered looking at the ground. Lucien sighed deeply, breaking the silence in the room. 

"I'm sorry to do this, but you've broken my trust," he said. "You're fired."

- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - 

DUN DUN DUN! OK sorry I've been absent for so long a lot of stuff's been going on. University starts in a week and it's my final year! YAY! Again, apologies for the late update.