Memories

Disclaimer: The Flashback part is sort of graphic so just skip it if you don't want to read it. You might be a little confused but it'll make sense later. 

Alex POV

3 weeks later...

Today, Marco's dad is coming to tonight's dinner. He wasn't able to come because of work, but now he really wants to see Hanna after what happened. I'm a little nervous. I mean, wouldn't you be if you were meeting your boyfriends dad? 

"What are you thinking about?" Marco asks. 

"Tonight's party," I reply.

"I can't wait to see my dad again," he sighs. 

"It must be exciting, seeing him after so long," I say softly, thinking of something.

"Yeah," Marco answers, giving me a funny look. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I watch the scenery pass by as I sit in the team bus. We decided to take it instead of multiple cars because it was easier. 

"Hey Alex. You wanna play I spy?" Auba asks. 

I laugh before replying, "sure."

"Marco you first."

"Okay, I spy with my little eye... Something beautiful."

"Hmmm, I wonder who it is," Mario says. Marco sends me a cheeky smile, making me roll my eyes.  

"Alex," they all say at once. 

"Wow, you got it right," Marco says sarcastically, clapping his hands.

- - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -- - - - - - - - - - - -

"Alex, I want you to meet my father," Marco says, motioning to a man. He was about 5'11 and had blonde hair and blue eyes. Definitely Marco's dad. 

"It's nice to meet you Mr. Reus," I greet with a smile. He looks at my hand for a second before stiffly shaking it. Okaaaay. He walks past me and takes his seat. 

"Sorry, I don't know what that was," Marco mutters. 

"It's fine, I just hope he likes me," I whisper. We both take our seats next to each other across from his parents. 

"I see you've met Alex," Mrs. Reus says, giving me a big smile which I return. 

"Yes I have," Mr. Reus answers, giving me a cold look. 

"So Alex, how did you meet my son."

"I met him when I came here to work with Lucien."

"Remind me, how old are you?"

"16"

"What is such a young girl doing all the way here in Germany, without her parents?"

"Dad," Marco warns. Sensing that I'm getting uncomfortable, he grabs my hand under the table. I send him a small smile. 

"I don't have contact with them anymore," I lie. 

"So you've left them. How do we know you aren't going to leave Marco like that?"

I stay silent and look at my plate. 

"Dad, she would never do that"

"Oh really? Look at her. She has no contact with her family and she's just 16. You just want his money. She doesn't have her parents to give her money."

"Excuse me?" I gasp, shocked that he would say that. "For your information, I am perfectly capable of taking care of myself."

"Such a shame. You're mother doesn't seem to have taught you any manners."

A gasp escapes my mouth. I felt like a knife had stabbed my heart. My mother. It had been years since anyone had brought her up. Until now. All the memories began to reappear. I felt the walls closing in on me and my breath became quicker. 

"Excuse me," I say, quickly getting up and running out of the restaurant. I heard Marco and his mother calling for me to come back but I didn't listen. I ran and ran until I stopped at an empty parking lot. Thank god I knew how to work with heels. Tears began flowing out of my eye as the memories rushed back.  

Flashback (graphic)

"You're such a worthless bitch," my father shouted at me, his breath reeking of alcohol. 

"Leave her alone," my mother pleaded, a look of horror on her face. This had been going on for years. Only now did it start to get bad. 

"Shut up," he roared, turning to my mother. She flinched but didn't back down. 

"I will not let you hurt my daughter anymore," she said defiantly. Bad move. This made him even angrier.

"Your daughter? This pathetic piece of shit?"he growled. In a flash, my mother reached up and her palm made contact with his cheek. The force from the hit making a loud sound that echoed in the quite house. He let out an animal like sound and grabbed my mothers hair. She let out a scream, as he dragged her to the kitchen. I watched helplessly, racking my brain, trying to think of  anything that I could do to stop him. But there was nothing. After all, I was a 7 year old girl. I slowly crept into the kitchen and hid under the dining table. He took a knife out from the kitchen drawer.

"No!" I yelled, giving away my hiding spot. 

"You and your daughter have been very bad. I think it's about time for you pay."

"Daddy please," I whispered, grabbing onto his leg.

"Alexandria, look away," my mother begged. 

"No mama," I cried.

I let out an everlasting scream as he plunged the knife into my mothers chest. The warm liquid splattered onto my face. I sat there screaming for god knows how long.

Flashback over

That day has been haunting me for the past 9 years of my life. The day my mother died. After that day, I was put into child services system. I was there till I was 11. Then I escaped from the orphanage. I joined a local gang in LA. The memories were to much for me to bear. At times, I couldn't take it. I became depressed and suicidal at age 13. My life was terrible, so why live?

Then, when I was 14, I met Jake. He took me to his house and introduced me to Blake. We became close friends. I told them everything that happened. One day he asked me to move into his house. I didn't want to because I felt out of place but he and Blake managed to convince me. That's where I met Kylie. 

A year later, we decided to start making YouTube videos. We posted vlogs once a week. I learned that I had was pretty decent at singing. After a few months, our channel blew up. I had nearly 6 million subscribers. I learned so many new things. I turned my life around. All thanks to Jake and Blake. 

To be continued...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Sorry for the late update. Everyone seems like they're slacking off. No one's updating their stories 😭.

Happy Bastille Day to my French readers! 

-Mia