I'm Here

Pic^

Alex POV

I groan, smacking the pillow over my face. I've been trying to fall asleep for the past 6 hours but I can't. After I ran out of the restaurant, I spent some time wandering around the streets of Dortmund. When it began to get cold, I decided to head back. I took a taxi back to Signal Iduna. I snuck into my bedroom and locked the door. I noticed that I had 19 missed calls and 12 text messages from Marco and several other calls from Roman and Mario.  I noticed Marco's last text. 

At least text me when you're back so I know you're safe

I smiled unconsciously, feeling a bit better that I had been. I felt happy that at least he cared enough about me to make sure I was safe. 

I'm back at SI 

I quickly texted him back before changing out of my clothes and plopping onto my bed. 

Since then I haven't been able to sleep. I roll over, trying to find my glasses. Squinting at the clock on my bedside table, I managed to read it. The harsh light read 3:02 am. Sighing, I got up and rummaged through my desk trying to find my Journal. I found it under a pile of scrap papers and files. 

I sat down and flipped to an empty page. I had an idea for a new song. Jotting down notes, I began to formulate the lyrics. (A/N: I'm just going to steal the lyrics from "Back to You" by Selena Gomez because who has time to actually come up with lyrics:) 

And every time we talk
Every single word builds up to this moment
And I gotta convince myself I don't want it
Even though I do  

I know I'd go back to you

That was all I had. My motivational rush suddenly disappeared . Suddenly, I heard the door to my room creak. It opened to reveal a tall figure. The moonlight from my open window illuminated Marco's worried face. He rushed to me, nearly making me fall of the bed from the force. 

"Where did you go? I got so worried when you didn't answer any of my messages. Are you okay? I'm so sor-" he rambled but I cut him off by hugging him. He froze for a second before wrapping his arms around me. 

"I'm sorry I just left like that," I whispered. 

"That's alright. I'm sorry about my dad," he mumbled, rubbing his nose against my neck. Butterflies erupted in my stomach and my eyes fluttered shut. Marco was the only one who I felt I could trust completely. Aside from Jake, Kylie, and Blake that is. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" he asked softly. I knew I was going to have to tell him some day. I knew I could trust him. So, for the next hour, I told him everything. It felt good to get everything off my chest. As if I didn't have to carry all the burden myself. The burden of the past that had been haunting me for years. 

"What's this?" he asked, picking up the journal that had fallen to the floor. 

"My music journal," I answered.

Music was my canvas. My escape. My safe place.

- - - - - - - - - - - 

I'll let you figure out who the song is about😉. Sorry this is such a short chapter but I've been having writers block. Unfortunately, there are only a few chapters left before this story comes to an end. Aside from that, today was Griezmann's first game with Barcelona and it wasn't the best debut someone would want. They lost and he didn't really do much but that's alright.  

-Mia