DFB-Pokal

^GIF

Let's just pretend the DFB final's between Bayern and Dortmond even though it's RB Leipzig and Bayern. I know it's Cliché but it's what I got 🤷‍♀️. 

Marco POV

Today was the big day. The DFB Cup final. We had managed to score a spot in the final against Bayern. I was a little nervous because this was der klassiker plus a DFB final. I woke up earlier than everyone else and got ready. That tends to happen when I'm a little excited. Since last night, I hadn't been able to wipe the smile off my face. I finally got the guts to ask Alex out. Well, not exactly on a date. My schedule was so packed that there wouldn't be time to spend together. So, Alex insisted that it wasn't necessary and we both settled on this match being a temporary date. Date. That word still sounds really weird. A knock sounded from the door. I opened it and was nearly shoved to the ground. 

"MaRcO ArE YoU EXciTeD?!" Mario shouted, shaking my shoulders. 

"Mein gotte, Mario. Calm down," I sighed, getting off the ground. 

"Calm down?! Are you crazy? It's the day," he said, making jazz hands. (A/N is it making or doing jazz hands? IDK.) At that moment Alex popped her head into my room. 

"Hey Mar- what the fuck?" she laughed, seeing Mario on the floor with a dazed look on his face. Roman appeared behind her in the doorway.

"Why does he look high?" he asked. 

"Let me seee!" Auba exclaimed, shoving Roman aside. 

"Eh, he's always like that," Auba shrugged. 

"Why wasn't I invited to the reunion?"Marc exclaimed, pushing his way through the crowd now standing in my doorway.

"Woah, why is everyone in my room?" I exclaimed.

"Because we're your team mates," Mario said, sitting on my bed. 

"And they we're room mates!" Auba shouted in a girly voice. We all stopped and stared at him. 

"Wrong reference," Alex said, patting his back. I shook my head and sighed. 

"I'm surrounded by idiots."

"Right reference," she laughed. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Five minutes!"Lucien shouted. I slipped my cleats on and started tying their laces. I looked up trying to spot Alex. I found her talking to Auba. I watched here give him instructions on keeping pressure off his knee which had been feeling sore. She finished talking and turned around, slipping her sweater off to reveal a yellow jersey. As if she felt my gaze on her, she looked up and locked eyes with me. She smiled and walked over to me. 

"You ready?" Alex asked, sitting down next to me. 

"Ja but a little nervous," I admitted. 

"Don't worry. We're gonna kick Bayern's butts," she laughed. 

"Come on," she said, offering her hand. I took it and walked out of the locker room. I greeted some of the Bayern players. After a brief conversation with Robert, I returned to my spot in line. I looked around for Alex, feeling bad that I had momentarily forgotten about her. I spotted her heading out of the tunnel to the seats. She turned around and mouthed the words "good luck" with a wave. I smiled and waved back. 

"Oooh what's going on here?" Marc asked, wiggling his eyebrows. I shoved my elbow back into his stomach. He let out a grunt and glared at me. I turned around and offered him a smirk. 

------------------------------

The referee blew his whistle signalling a penalty kick for us. Auba passed the ball to me and I set it on the white markings. The score was tied at 0-0 and all I had to do was score this goal. Then,  hopefully, we would be in the lead for the remaining 25 minutes. I took a deep breathe and took my position. I faked kicking to the far left making the ball go in the center. Unfortunately, Manuel Neuer, the midfielder, managed to block my shot. I groaned in frustration, tugging at my hair. 

Another opportunity opened up as Roman kicked the ball to the half-way line. Mario got possession of it and passed it to me. I dribbled it closer to Bayern's goal and passed to Auba who passed back to me after I slipped past the defenders. I touched the ball with my toe in a vain attempt to get the ball in. I watched as it rolled under Mats Hummels' outstretched leg and the arms of the goalie. Marc and Mario jumped on my back, congratulating me. I took a victory lap around the perimeter of the field, high-fiving Alex as I passed her. 

 - - -  - - - -   - - - 

"Great job today," Robert complimented, patting my back. I thanked him and went into the locker room. Everyone was ecstatic and energized. I was about to speak when something cold hit my shoulders. It trickled down my back, soaking my shirt. I whipped around only to find Alex standing there laughing. In her hands was a giant tub that was once filled with Gatorade. I wrapped my arms around her, trying to get her shirt damp from mine. 

"You were amazing!"she shouted over the noise. I smiled. Not because of what she said. But because of the look of happiness on her beautiful face. Her smile lit up her face, making her eyes shine. I then realised that I had been holding her this whole time. Her arms wrapped around my neck and mine were wrapped around her waist. I leaned in and pressed my lips to hers. I let my eyes close, savoring the moment. It seemed impossible, but the noise in the room increased. Cheers and whistles erupted around us. 

"It's about time!" Roman shouted from the corner of the room. Alex giggled, hiding her face in the crook of my neck. So this is what love feels like. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this chapter was crappy, I ran out of ideas hehe. Oops.