Rendez-vous (Epilogue)

GIF ^

Marco's POV 

"Marco I need to talk to you," Lucien said as I took a gulp of my water. We had just finished conditioning and I was dead. I'm not even joking. Every step felt like hell.

"Of course," I replied, mentally cursing him. He motioned for me to follow him into the tunnel. He stopped abruptly in the middle, nearly making me crash into him.

"Call the other boys," he stated.

"What wh-"I asked but I got cut off.

"Just go," he said. I limp-jogged to the pitch and shouted at everyone to follow me. They looked at me confused but I just shrugged my shoulders. I led them into the tunnel to coach who was standing in front of one of the conference rooms. The boys began to ask him questions but he simply ignored them. He silently opened the door. It swung open to reveal a girl. Her eyes were wide and her nose looked like Rudolph. She stared at us, her mouth slightly parted. As her eyes landed on me, they filled with tears, as a look of pain made its way onto her face. I stared at her in shock. She bit her lip, looking unsure.  A cold tear trickled down my face. Slowly, I  walked towards her, in a daze. She let her tears fall, rushing into my arms. We both collapsed onto the floor. I hugged her as if she would disappear. But I promised myself, I would never let her go.

"I missed you so much," I whispered, caressing her hair as she buried her face in my chest.

"I missed you too," she managed to answer.

"I'm so so so sorry. For everything. I'm such a terrible person, you don't deserve me. I wasn't there for you when I needed you the most. I w-"

"Shhhh," she hushed softly, hugging me even tighter.  "I forgive you. I will always forgive because I love you."

"I love you too," I whispered, smiling at her. 

"Maybe we should get off the floor," she suggested, after a moments silence. I looked down realizing we were sprawled out on the cement floor. We both stood up, turning to the rest of the team. Alex spread her arms out and the rest of the boys rushed into her arms, in a giant group hug.

"Come to mama children," Auba snickered, earning a glare from Alex. 

Alex scoffed before replying, "You guys are children so what do you expect."

Auba stood there with his mouth open before smiling.

"Well that was unexpected," he admitted. "And rude."

"I know, it's the truth," she said, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"We have a lot to catch up on," Mario said, linking arms with her. The rest of the team sectioned off and made small talk, exiting the locker room.

"Hello! Do I not exist?" I called after them, throwing my arms up.

"Aww baby, are you feeling left out," Alex cooed, coming back to get me.

"Yeah, yeah," I grumbled, gently pushing her out the door.

"LETS PARTY!" Mario shouted from the front of the group and everyone cheered. And boy did we party that day. It was one of those days. You know, the one that is engraved in your mind forever. You can remember every moment and the exact emotions you were feeling. 

It became a part of the collection of memories I spent with Alex. Soon, the memory slots were filled with important moments I had with her. The day I met her. The day I asked her on our first date. When I first kissed her. When I realised I loved her. The day I asked her to marry me. The night of our engagement party. The day we said "I do".  And last but not least, the day we had you. Our first baby girl. We named you Isa. Isa means strong-willed. Because being strong-willed can lead you to great things. So baby girl, always believe in yourself and chase your dreams. Because fear makes you braver. Heartbreak makes you wiser. And pain makes you stronger

                                                                                                                           Sincerely, 

                                                                                                                           Your loving parents, Marco and Alex

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

And there we have it! The last and final chapter of Stronger. Thank you all for coming along on this journey with me. You have no idea how much it means to me. This was my first book on Wattpad and it started off as a way to improve my writing. As time went on I realized that this book was much more than that. So I hope you all enjoyed. 

(lol I have to say this but go check out You before Me ft. Neymar Jr.)

With lot's of love, 

-Mia Jaques