The perfect moment

Alex's POV

I blinked as my eyes opened from the deep sleep I was in. I rolled over to my right, nearly flattening the body asleep beside me. I nearly let out a scream before I realised it was Marco. I rolled back to my original position and calmed my heart rate. The curtains were still drawn and a soft orange glow seeped through the holes in the material. The clock beside me flashed 7:50 pm in red digits. Both of us were extremely tired today. After being out with family way past midnight, Marco had training and I had a meeting to attend. The whole day was spent running around with meetings and other errands. Due to it being summer, the temperature had gone up drastically reaching 28°C. That made the day feel even longer and wore everyone out. When we both came back, we collapsed onto the bed and fell into deep sleep.  The huge house was silent except for Marco and I's breathing. I sat up, pulling my wavy hair into a ponytail. The sheets were pulled away as Marco turned onto his stomach. The muscles in his back rippled causing goosebumps to travel up my arms. I smiled seeing his hair being messed up from sleep. Feeling the devilish side of me appear, I leaned on my side and ran my hand through his hair. He let out a content sigh, snuggling into the sheets. I let out a laugh, immediately covering my mouth. Marco's eyes flew open and his eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He propped himself up on his arm and rubbed his eyes. Sitting fully upright, he squinted at me, a piece of hair curling over his forehead.

"What are you laughing at?" he grumbled. I laughed before responding, "Nothing."He looked at me suspiciously. I pushed his head with the tips of my fingers. The same squinted eyes glared at me."You wanna go?" he threatened, jumping on me. I let out a squeal of surprise as my back fell against the mattress. One of his hands held mine above my head while the other stabbed my sides. That was the moment when I, Alex Martinez, became an incompetent human being. I fell into a fit of giggles. I rolled over, nearly falling of the bed as I gasped for air. Seeing that I had trouble breathing, Marco stopped prodding me. I went limp, pretending to be unconscious. "Alex?" he called, shaking my shoulder. "Scheisse, Alex, are you okay?"I could hear the worry in his voice and felt bad. He leaned closer again and I saw my chance. I sat up abruptly, shoving Marco back onto the bed and sitting on his lower abdomen. The look of shock on his face was priceless. He dropped his head onto the pillow in relief. "You can't just do that, I thought you passed out," he said. "Who the fuck passes out from being tickled?" I laughed in disbelief. Just as fast as I had, he flipped us over. My back was once again on the bed, legs wrapped around his torso. His eyes turned dark as they bore into mine. His face was a mere inch from mine making my breath catch in my throat. "Never do that again," he growled."Who's gonna stop me?" I managed to respond. His eyes flickered down to my lips as I said those words. "No one," he replied, his voice holding a husky depth. Suddenly, his lips were on mine. My heart soared and the butterflies people always talk about made their presence known in my stomach. It was as if someone had placed hot coal on my body. My face burned like fire, spreading to my arms and legs. I pulled away to catch my breath. He rested his forehead against mine. We looked into each other's eyes, letting out a laugh and the smile never left our faces. I melted into his touch as he traced my cheek with his thumbs. "You have no idea how long I've been waiting to do that," Marco breathed. I smiled, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck. Nothing could explain the level of happiness I was feeling. Marco was the only one who could make me feel this content. He was the one who was always there for me. The one who made me laugh. The one who cared for me. Always. And that's what I loved about him.