Penalties

Pic ^

Alex's POV

I felt drained as I missed yet another chance to shoot a goal.  I was in no way ready for the game. I hadn't played it trained in weeks. I felt light headed and I took a sip of Gatorade to give me energy. Come on 15 minutes and your done I told myself. The score was still tied at 119 minutes. I prayed that Tobin or Meghan would score a goal and we wouldn't have to go to penalties. This is officially the worst match I've played.

Marcos POV
Alex seemed a little off. Her passes were getting sloppy and she wasn't focusing on the open pockets between defenders. 
"Why is her coach making her play," Chris asked.
"I know right," Leo said. "She's obviously injured."
"She's the one holding this team together," Mario mumbled. 
"That's true," I agreed. 
"Her body's tired and can't handle the pressure. She's playing for the first time after months," Neymar added.

The referee blew the whistle signaling the end of extra time. This would go to penalties.

Alex POV
I groaned as the whistle blew. I walked to the bench and leaned my head in my arms on the pole. I felt tears blur my vision. All I could think of was the pain  in my knee. I wanted to go home and curl up and fall asleep forever. I wanted Marco. I wanted him here. I wanted him to kiss me and tell me I was fine. That everything was okay. But of course that wouldn't happen since he hated me. He had made that part very clear.
"Alex, you will have the last penalty," Coach Jill stated. "The rest of you choose wisely,"she said before waving us off.
I wrapped my arms around Tobin And Carli's shoulders watching the penalties go one by one. Meghan was first and scored.
Then Desiree also scoring
Then Tobin missing.
Then Christine missing.
Carli also scored.
Sophie scoring.
Then Kelly missed.
And Jessie missed.
That left the score at 2:2.
Now, itt was my turn.
I went up to spot and kissed the ball placing it on the ground. I took a deep breath. And shot. Straight into the bottom right corner. 

I fell to the floor as tears escaped from my eyes.  The crowds cheers were deafening. The girls pulled me into a huge hug.  

"We did it!" Tobin exclaimed, jumping on my back. 

"World Cup here we come!" everyone chanted. Running up to the cameras with Tobin on my back, I pointed to the crest on my shirt and held up four fingers.

"Four stars, baby!" 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

In the locker room, the atmosphere was amazing. Everyone was cheering and laughing with smiles on their faces. 

"How's that knee?" Tobin asks. She's the closest to me on the team. One of my best friends. 

"I'm fine. Go have fun. I'll just ice it," I say pushing her towards the group. 

"Are you sure?" she asks again.

"Yes!" I exclaim, rolling my eyes playfully.

"Okay jeez," she says walking off. I slip into the hallway, away from all the commotion. I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by everything that just happened. But instead of finding peace, I'm attacked by another group of hugs. 

"That was fucking awesome!" Mario shouts, with a huge smile on his face.

"I mean. It was amazing," I reply, brushing my hair over my shoulder. 

"Stop being cocky. It doesn't suit you," Marc laughs. 

"Oh really?" I ask, raising my eyebrow. My eyes catch some movement behind him. I look bast his shoulders to see a familiar person talking to Marco. 

"Kylian?" I ask in surprise.

"C'est moi," he answers, smiling widely. This boi. I run to him as fast as I can with a bruised knee. He picks me up and spins me in a circle. 

"Put me down!" I giggle as he sets me down.

 "Comment ça va?" I ask. How are you?

"Bien. Et tu?" Good and you?

"Très bien, merci"I reply. Very good,  thanks.

"I want you to meet some people," he says, switching to English. He moves to the side allowing me to see his acquaintances. My eyes widen in shock when I realise who they are. 

"Hi," Neymar says reaching his hand out. Can you believe it? Neymar freaking said hi to me!

"Hola," I blurt automatically, shaking his hand. 

"¿tu hablas español?" he asks. You speak Spanish?

"Sí," I answer. 

"Eso es genial," the Lionel Messi says. That's great

"Soy un gran fan tuyo!" I exclaim, not being able to contain it anymore. I'm a big fan of your's.

"Así que definitivamente no eres un Madridista," Christiano Ronaldo interrupts. So you're definitely not a Madridista.

"No, pero creo que eres increíble," I tell him. No but I think you're incredible.

"She speaks Portuguese too," Kylian informs, making me remember that he's here too. 

"Alex! I thought I told you to sit down!" Tobin yells, rushing up to me, and dragging me away.

"¡Lo siento!Hablaré con todos más tarde!¡Adiós!," I shout before I disappear into the locker room. Sorry! I'll talk to everyone later! Bye!

"No hay problema ¡Adiós!," they shout. No problem! Bye!

"What the hell Tobin!" I hiss.

"Tell me what Neymar, Messi, and, Ronaldo are doing here?" she yelps, her eyes shining. 

"I just met them. I was introducing myself but someone had to interrupt," I say, giving her a pointed look.

"Sorry," she mumbled. 

"Anyway. I need to get going, Lucien must be waiting for me," I announce, grabbing my things. 

"Bye Alex!" everyone yells as I head out.  I pop my head into the hallway, searching for the footballers. I can't seem to find them so I head to the car park. 

- - - - - - - - - - - 

Whoohooo! Another chapter down! USA vs Chile today, 3-0. Sweden vs Thailand, 5-1. (Sweden seems to be strong competition. They better watch out)

Comment and vote! 

Adiós!

-Mia