Chapter 13

Johnny drove to the mall. He thought back to his conversation with his father.

(Flashback)

"Johnny? Did you get ahold of Kahla? She hasn't gotten back to her Father and he's starting to worry. No one saw her at home... And her cars not there" Big daddy spoke as Johnny's heart dropped.

"No I haven't. I was actually hoping she fell asleep. I'll go check the studio. Maybe she's just working over time"  Johnny spoke before hanging up the phone.

(Flashback over)

Johnny pulled Into a parking space before turning his attention to the mall entrance. With long strides he quickly and swiftly. He made his way to the door, but noticed it was dark inside. He pulled on the door handle for safety measures before he sighed.

He walked back to the truck before he got back in. He turned in the engine on and buckled up. As his foot hit the gas, a ring caught his attention. Johnny found himself slamming his foot on the break before pushing his phone to his ear.

"Kahla??!" He quickly question as his beat began to beat fast.

"Johnny. It's Buster.... I think you need to contact Kahlas father" Buster spoke quietly as he stood there, watching the ambulance haul the female away.

"Why did she come to the theater? I already called him" Johnny spoke as he relaxed slightly.

"Actually Johnny... Eddie found her outside... By her car. When he went to go see if she was okay, she was burning up. She's actually on her way to the hospital" Buster spoke as gently as he possibly could. "We don't know how long she's been out here... But we do know she's being taken care of"

Johnny heart stopped. She was by the theater the while time. He thought back to how, the night before she had been burning up. Had she still been feeling so bad that she risked her well being for himself.

"Thank you. I'll call her father right away" Johnny spoke. He found himself shaking as he hung up. His fingers jiggled as he found his father's number and dialed it.

"Dad... They found her. She's on her way to the hospital..." Johnny choked. For a big guy, he had such a large heart. He found himself feel overwhelmed with emotions. Tears steamed down his face as he leaned his head back. Why didn't he check there first?!

"Johnny. I've contacted Samuel. He's heading there now. I'm gonna come get you with Barry so stay put.... Sounds like your in no condition to drive" Big daddy spoke before getting Into his own new car. "Stay put. We will be there soon"

-------------------------------------------------

Upon entering the Hospital, Johnny, Big Daddy and Barry could hear Samuel voice. "I want her taken care of now. Run some tests! I fund you this technology. Don't make me pull our contract!" Samuel voice boomed.

"Sir, we did all we can at this time. She's fighting a fever. We have attached her to a IV. At this point all we can do is wait" A doctor spoke up before ushering him towards his daughters room.

"She was out in the elements and on the hard ground for some time, I'd say about seven hours. What we are surprised is no one found her sooner, given the location. " The doctor spoke calmly. "At this point her fever is not going any higher, and hopefully it will drop within the next hour or so. It's. Waiting game from here"

Samuel sighed before noticing the three out of the corner of his eyes. He could see Johnny's emotions getting the better if him, as Kahla had the same reaction when Johnny had been stabbed.

"Johnny. Why don't you go on in there. Talk to her. Maybe she will hear you and wake up" Samuel spoke calmly but firmly.

Johnny stepped slowly into the room. His eyes scanned over the IVs in the females arms. He frowned, watching her chest rise and fall at a slow pace. His feet pulled him to the side of the bed before he sat down in the nearest chair. He started to tell her about his day.

Big daddy rubbed his head. He hates hospitals. He also hated seeing his son so defeated. The two adults sat there. Barry handed Big Daddy the news paper before the two settled back in their respective spot.

"You two are on the clock right now, one of you can come with me, the other can stay here. Unfortunately I have a meeting in the morning that can't be cancelled at this time. " Samuel spoke before Barry stood up. He was going to go with Samuel while Big Daddy stayed behind. Everyone watched Samuel kiss his daughters forhead before exiting the room. "I expect a call when she's up or if anything changes" The staff nodded violently before they watched him exit the building.

Hours passed. Johnny he passed out in the chair. Big daddy sat there he had taken a small nap as well. A light knocking at the door caught his attention. Before opening it, he noticed a very large vase of flowers.

"Hey Big guy! Care to help me out with these?" A voice questioned. Big daddy stood there before reaching down and picking up the vase. Below a familiar face.

"Ah, Mr. Moon what brings you here?" Big Daddy spoke before eating the vase on the table. He noticed the bright arrangement of flowers. 

"Well it's eleven o clock in the morning. The crew decided to buy Kahla some flowers. We even signed a card. " He spoke, pulling it out of his jacket. "Tell Johnny he can take the day off. If he wants to come in that's his choice. But... How's she doing?"

Big daddy glanced over at the female before shrugging. "The nurse came in, said her temp went down some. She just stated that she really needed rest. "

Buster nodded before handing the card over. "Well we all hope she gets better soon. Tell Johnny to call me when he can" Buster smiled before exiting the room. Big daddy watched him turn the corner and leave before placing the card next to the flowers. He watched a nurse step back Into the room before writing stuff down on a clip board. She smiled before exiting once again.