Chapter 21

Johnny rubbed his head after exiting the coffee shop. He wondered if he had made a huge mistake last night. His dad always tried to talk with him about the topic of responsibility and acourse, safe sex. The thought even embarrassed himself. He walked over to the small cafe table, it was located near the theater, but tucked away in a small alley by the farmers market.

"Here you go. Hope you didn't wait long. The line there was kinda nuts. They had so many options" Johnny smiled, gaining a new smile from Kahla. He watched her go through her bag and take out a small pill bottle before popping one into her mouth, sipping in her coffee she placed everything back before looking up at Johnny. His face was discomfort and confusion.

"Its birth control Johnny. I have my own doctor so I just make sure I do what's safe for me. " She smiled and then stretched. "So ease up. Don't worry about anything okay?" She questioned as he nodded his head reluctantly.

"Now... I think you should head to the theater first.... Once I finish my coffee I'll come down. I just don't want to raise suspicion with Ash. Anyways.. I really need to go home and shower. "

"I think you look nice. Still as pretty as yesterday" Johnny spoke, gaining a laugh from Kahla.

"Johnny I smell like you. I can't go to your job. Ash will smell you all over me" she spoke as she could see his embarrassed face.

"But I suppose you need to shower as well" he chuckled before standing up and pulling him along.

----------------------------------------------------

Kahla sat in her living room, running the towel over her head. She inhaled the light scent of pears and peaches. Her body was still sore, giving her a second to flush about the intimate moment between the two.

She could hear Johnny's footsteps as he walked into the living space.

"Well. I've finally been to your house or at least inside it" he chuckled before adjusted his jacket.

"Exploring is something you can do later. But.... Just go in their and act like well.... Act like we didn't do what we did last night. The show must go on" Kahla smiled before pulling his hand. She had to drop him off at the theater.

The drive was a bit bittersweet for Johnny. Knowing he would have to put up with Ash until Saturday night. Kahla had dropped him off a block away from the theater. He frowned as he waved to her and headed inside. When he made it to the back to clock in, he heard Buster call to him.

"Hey Johnny. Your never late. You alright?" He questioned with concern.

Johnny could see Ash staring at him. Obviously she was angry with him. He looked down at Buster and gave a slight smile.

"I just had a bad night.... My phone died.. and when I got home I got a awful headache. I promise it won't happen again" Johnny spoke, giving Buster his most sincere look. Buster nodded, hoping that Johnny had felt better. "I just took a shower cause my dad said it would help my headache... Which is a bit better"

Buster understood clearly. Though he wanted to go through the whole play. "Kahla should be here soon. And she will be able to help us with any last details" everyone nodded, accept Ash. She looked at him, he seemed sad. Kahla must of broke up with him. Ash still had to verify it. Everyone was getting their respective parts together before the door opened, revealing Kahla had arrived.

Kahla made a b-line to Buster, she had discussed with him and went out to the theater seats. Buster had everyone go through the skit while Kahla offered advice. Buster made sure everyone listened to Kahlas advice. If the show was a hit everyone would have a good while off while Buster went back to the drawing board. After going through the show a few times, everyone was was let go for the day. The rest if the week would be getting finishing touches on the scenes.

Kahla got up, thanking Mr. Moon before she left. She got into her car and left. Johnny tried to not look disappointed, but he was. He suddenly saw his phone ring. He looked at the caller ID before answering.

"Yeah dad... What? Oh yeah sure. Yeah I'll come home. See you soon" Johnny sighed as he looked at Ash, who raised her eyebrow. He turned his phone, showing the ID of his dad before he left Ash standing there.

--------------------------------------------------

Johnny returned home, he pulled his shoes off before looking around. "Dad... You here?" Johnny questioned before walking into the house. He looked around and walked into rhe kitchen before the lights flicked on.

"Happy birthday!!" Five voices spoke. Johnny looked up to see Kahla, his dad, Barry, his dad's friend and Samuel?

Johnny looked at them. "You guys did this for me?" He questioned as he looked at the cake as well as the food.

"I organized it. But my dad actually got you the cake " she smiled. Samuel looked different, he sat there in a white t-shirt and jeans.

"T-thanks" Johnny smiled. They all seemed to have a good time, Kahla stepped to Johnny and offered him a small blue box. He raised a eyebrow and looked at her as she nodded to him. He opened the box to find a new cell phone. "Kahla... I can't.. look at this. It's expensive" he spoke slowly.

"Actually your on my dad's company line like your dad and your uncle is on" she laughed as she pulled out her phone out. "This one has me as a secret number. That way until Saturday night, Ash can't suspect a thing"