Chapter 17

Johnny and Kahla pulled the rope, helping Buster get the theater ready. He was having a bit of a fit.

"Nana wants to come see a small preview of the show! But we aren't ready yet! I'm thinking of skiing her to come at a different time!" Buster spoke as he looked around worried.

"You just need someone to perform something for her right?" Kahla questioned before getting a nod. "Are you wanting singing and dancing?" She tilted her head.

"Yes! But... I... I don't.... Wait! Kahla! Maybe you could!" Buster announced, receiving a small head shake from Johnny.

"Sir, she's just got out of the hospital. I don't think it's a good idea" Johnny spoke before he heard a small chuckle.

"It's one dance.. come on Johnny. I can do this. Just one! I won't do it again until my doctor at my appointment on Monday says I'm good to go. Okay?" Kahla practically begged. "I need some exercise"

Johnny thought to himself. Buster leaning in. He really needed someone to give Nana a good show. To impress her.

"I'll give you a kiss, and you can sing with me. You know the moves" Kahla teased, gaining Johnny's attention. He huffed and then nodded. "Alright alright. " He gave in, allowing it. "But afterwards you rest! "

She smiled, pulling her phone out. "Let me make a few phone calls. When is she coming?"

"She said she's coming at two" Buster spoke as he looked at the clock.

"That gives me plenty of time. I'll make a few phone calls then. And I'll give you the music. If Eddie is coming I'll give him details. We will knock her socks off" Kahla gave him a thumbs up before stepping off the stage.

Johnny glanced at Buster. Both were wonder what Kahla might have up her sleeve. It didn't take long for the crew to slowly show up. Gunther was excited to see that Kahla was back. She had questioned him is he would help assisting him in her routine for Nana Noodleman. Rosita, Meena and Ash showed up. Buster announced his thoughts before Rosita and Meena jumped into help. Ash on the other hand was stunned. Did Kahla remember that she left her? Her heart started to speed up. This wouldn't be good.

Her eyes watched as Johnny looked at her before turning his head. She could tell that he hadn't said a word to Kahla yet, that made her have a slight advantage.  Before she could step in his direction a large hand was placed on her shoulder. She looked up, a bit confused before the stranger spoke.

"Hun! Can you tell me where Ms. Kahla is?" He spoke in a clearly flemboyant voice. After a second it finally hit Ash. This was the same gorilla that was with Kahla the other day. "Me and a few others are here to help"

"She's probably in the back. Go ahead and look" Ash spoke before pulling her arm back and walked towards the back. Her mood was indifferent. Stepping behind the large curtain, she noticed everyone happily helping out Buster.

"Ash. Nana is coming. Come help us so we can have her impressed. Buster doesn't want to show her the show cause we haven't perfected it yet" Rosita spoke as she ushered her over.

"What's she singing?" Ash suddenly questioned as she helped pull a few drapes up.

"I'm not sure. She actually has Johnny singing with her. Apparently he knows the dance so he's going to perform as well." Rosita smiled. They set the stage drapes back a few more yards, as the backstage had been built larger then before. A group of them pushed out a circle small stage. In the middle was a divider, leaving two halves. Being plugged in the group made sure the circle turned. It would help it with the performance.

Ash scowled. She couldn't believe it. Kahla was going to perform. She wasn't even part of the moon theater cast. Her eyes watched some unknown people come into the back. Buster greeting all of them. There were four girls and three boys. She recognized the male gorilla, it seemed Gunther was going to perform. There was also a male panther and a zebra. The girls consisted of a cheetah, a pig, a antelope and a chimp.

"Mr. Moon. I'd like to introduce you to some of my customers for my dance studio. They have been with me for about a year and a half. So a routine like this won't be hard. " She smiled before Buster praised the group. Offering his gratitude.

"Alright team! Let's get everything together so we can make this a great show!" Buster jumped up, happily. Everyone cheered and started to get everything together. They were going to make this show great.

Kahla huddled the group together along with Johnny. She started to go through what they were going to do, and how everything was going to play out. Time seemed to fly by, as Ms Crawley's voice came over the microphone. "She's here!!!"