Chapter 8

C H A P T E R - E I G H T ▶ S T A R T

"Sit with your partners now." Mrs. Lee instructed. Jeongwoo tapped Jinye's shoulder, "You got this. Goodluck!" Jinye goes to where Haruto was telling her to.

"Hello, nerd." Haruto greeted her, still sitting relaxed. She didn't respond and just sat beside him.

"So, this project aims to focus on our most recent lesson, the Solar System. You will need to make a model of it then a research atleast 5 pages each of you. Then, a creative presentation with what you have worked with. All of these will be presented and submitted to me in the next two weeks." Mrs. Lee explained.

Jinye was taking down notes while Haruto was secretly playing on his phone. "Mr. Watanabe!" Mrs. Lee was infront of his desk, pointing at him. "Hide your phone. The next time I see that, you're going to detention." She threatened and he nodded, hiding his phone.

"Texting your girlfriend?" Jinye teased, still looking at the board to copy notes. "I wish you were my girlfriend." Haruto accidentally blurted out which had taken Jinye aback.

"What?" Her head turned to look at him. "Nothing." He replied. "Whatever." She muttered.

"I'll be giving the rest of the period for you to discuss with your partner everything about the project. You can use your phones to research." Mrs. Lee sat in her chair behind the teacher's table.

After minutes of silence, Jinye was the first one to break it.

"So, I was thinking that maybe we could do the project after school in the library on days we're free then-" "No, we're doing it at my house." Haruto cut her off.

"Why?" She asked, irritated. "Alot of them will probably do it at the library and my fans would disturb us anyway. It's better at my house." He explained, and she rolled her eyes then nodded.

"Phone." Haruto reached his hand out in which Jinye just stared at, confused. "Give me your phone. I'm gonna put my number." "Oh."

"The most handsome boy ever?" Jinye raised her eyebrows. "What? Am I not handsome?" Haruto asked, in a teasing voice. "Whatever. You're too full of yourself." She shook her head, then changed the name in her phone.

haruto ❌

"Two X's?" Haruto peeked on her phone. "Just a reminder that I dislike you." Jinye kept her phone and Haruto scoffed.

He then gave her his phone then instructed to input her own number.

"Here." She handed his phone back and the contact name was, "nerd." "Good thing you know your place, nerd." Haruto teased and she rolled her eyes.

"I accept your teasing, but cross the line and I swear you'll never see sunlight again." Jinye stood up as the bell rang then immediately went to Jeongwoo.

Haruto gulped.

12/28/18