Chapter 23

C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y T H R E E ▶ S T A R T

"Pfft, you did that?" Mashiho's friends were clowning him again, and he rolled his eyes pouting soon after.

He spotted Jinye and shouted, "Hello, new bestfriend!"

She looked at his direction and glared at him, telling him to shut up. He laughed and stuck his tongue out at her. "Bye-bye, new bestfriend!" He waves at her and she rolled her eyes.

"What now?" Yoshinori raised his eyebrows. "We're friends now!" Mashiho excitedly tells them and Haruto widened his eyes, "What!"

"She already warmed up to you?" He sulks. "Not really. But, we text each other. Besides, she's fun to talk to! Except the fact, she eats pizza with pineapples on it!" Mashiho shakes his head at his last sentence.

"Haru, doesn't that mean you're soulmates now? You love pineapple on pizza!" Mahiro teases and Haruto shrugs it off, turning red a little bit.

"I can't believe the two spawns of Satan are friends, oh my god." Yoshinori exaggerates, rubbing his temples.

"Oh, you mean you and Haruto?" Mashiho says with a smile and the others laugh. "Bitch." Yoshinori throws tissue at him. "Weakling!" Mashiho sticks his tongue out again.

"Did he just call you 'new bestfriend'?" Jeongwoo asks Jinye who was beside him. They set their trays on their usual table and sit down.

"Yeah." She rolls her eyes, "That fool."

Few minutes after, Jinye notices Jeongwoo wasn't eating much and he was awfully silent.

"Woo, are you okay?" She asks worriedly. "Huh? Uh, yeah." He says awkwardly, nodding after.

Jinye frowns, "Woo, was this about earlier when Mashiho called me his new bestfriend?" She carefully asks. Jeongwoo widened his eyes slightly and sighed, nodding.

"Why? Tell me. I don't like seeing you sad." She frowns more. His back hunced and let out a deep sigh, "I'm just scared you know. That maybe you'll replace me."

Jinye's brows furrow, "But-" "Hear me out first will you?" He says, irritatedly and she shuts up.

"I know that one day you'll replace me, but I didn't know it would come so soon. I know I shouldn't stop you from having friends, but I don't know. Maybe I can't help it?" He sighs again.

"Woo, It's okay." She pats his back. "I wouldn't replace you. Heck, I don't care if you stop me from having friends! Isn't that better tho? The lesser friends I have, the less emotional attached I get, right?" She laughs after saying that.

But, he was still down.

"Hey, I know what you're thinking. You didn't do anything wrong, okay? He's just kinda like my friendship with Yoshi. Understand?" Jeongwoo nods at her words.

"Cheer up! I'll treat you ice cream later, eh?" Jinye ruffles his hair and he giggles, nodding again.

"Don't be sad!" She whines and side-hugs him. "Yeah, yeah." He rolls his eyes playfully.

1/6/19
sorry i just post rn i have my period again aND FUCKING PERIOD CRAMPS I HAVE SCHOOL TOMORROW >:(( i hope everyone is having a great day! luv u guys owo thank you for 3k!!

i dont get it why does this book have so many reads im-

it's 2pm and i've been awake since 6am and i havent eaten bcos of my cramps wow