Chapter 46

C H A P T E R - F O R T Y S I X ▶ S T A R T

yoonbinnie hyung:

Did you tell her about the music festival yet?

jeongwoo:

wasnt it supposed to be a surprise

"Jeongwoo! Come on!" Jinye shouts when she noticed her bestfriend was lagging behind her. "O-oh? Yeah!" He stammers and quickly walks to catch up with her.

"I think I know the perfect way to celebrate your win in the game!" She says with a smile on her face and he furrows his eyebrows.

"Meat! Let's go for meat!" She pulls him into a nearby Samgyupsal restaurant and added, "I'll be paying!"

Jeongwoo chuckles and lets her pull him.

*

Monday.

It was a start of a new week and like everyone else, Jinye hated Mondays.

She groggily got up from her bed, lazily walking around it to fix her bed covers then groans one more time before going downstairs for breakfast.

"Well, you don't look like you had a good sleep." Yoonbin says from the dining table, a bowl of cereal infront of him. "Shut up. Don't make me curse at you early in the morning." Jinye hisses at him then takes a carton of milk from the fridge for her own cereal bowl.

What Yoonbin said was kinda right. She didn't have a good sleep because even though it was the SportsFest week the week before, there were just some teachers who had to give homework.

And their neighbor who threw a party yesterday with the loud echoing music, did not help her sleep at all.

She wonders how Yoonbin could even withstand all that.

*

Jinye lazily drags herself to the school's hall for the assembly. "God, I'm so tired." She yawns and leans on a locker.

"Excuse me! That's my locker, hehe." Doyoung politely tells her with a cute smile on his face while clutching onto his backpack. "Oh, sorry." Jinye stands up but almost falls down. She was very sleepy and she felt like she would pass out any minute.

"Woah! You okay?" Doyoung asks her before even opening his locker. "Yeah." She quickly answers, maybe too quick and she leans on another locker, right beside his.

"We can go to the assembly together, if you want. You don't look quite well." He suggests to her and she nods, her head throbbing. "You should go to the clinic." He tells her, but she shakes her head. "No, it's okay. I can get through the day."

"You sure?" Doyoung asks. She hurriedly nods, "Yes. Yes, of course!"

*

The whole school claps as Treasure High's principal, Kwon Jiyong enters the auditorium while clapping for himself too.

"Settle down, everyone. Settle down." Jiyong says through the mic while laughing. "Okay as most of you know, what's after the sports fest?" He asks and most students shout except the freshmen, "Music festival!"

The whole student body cheers and Jiyong laughs again while telling them to settle down again.

"Anyone who are good performers can perform. There will be auditions held by your music teachers to determine which in class will perform as a group. The best in each group male and female will have their own solo doing what they do best, like rapping, singing or dancing. More informartion will be announced by your music teachers." He adds at the end of his sorta speech.

"That is all. Thank you. Have a great day everyone!" He gets off the podium and waves his hand. "Have a great day, Sir!" Everyone bows in respect.

*

"Are you excited?" Jeongwoo asks Jinye but she shakes her head. "Why?" He pouts as he asks her. She shrugs and a smile forms on his face. "Well, Yoonbin and I have a surprise for you!" He tells her, pulling her to their classroom.

"What is it?" She asks, her eyebrows furrowing. "Wouldn't be much of a surprise now, won't it?" Jeongwoo jokes.

He just hopes she'd like what they have planned.

2/25/19
sorry for the super late update :(

under19 and 1the9 stans read my doyum, 1the9, and junhyuk fics