Chapter 39

C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y N I N E ▶ S T A R T

"Something bothering you?" Jihoon carefully asks Jinye, placing his feet on top of the table when the boys dispersed after each taking a bite from his food.

"Yeah." Jinye sighs and drops her spoon into the lunch box.

"Spill." He removes his feet and spins in his chair instead. "What do you do when you feel like you like someone?" She asks, pointing her spoon up in the air.

Jihoon chokes and coughs which alerted the boys. "Oh my god, do I need to call the ambulance?" Doyoung asked, sarcastically, not interested at Jihoon's choking. Midam handed Jihoon water and the younger said, "Honestly, fuck you."

Doyoung laughs and turns his head back to the computer's monitor.

"Who?" Jihoon asks her, gulping water again. "But, don't tease me for it! Help me avoid him and like remove the feelings!" She whisper-shouts and he nods, swearing he won't.

"It's-" "No, let me guess instead!" He cuts her off and she sighs, rubbing her temples then telling him to go on.

"Doyoung?" "No."

"Jeongwoo?" "Why is it always him? Ugh, no."

"Junkyu?" "No."

"Mashiho?" "No."

"Me?" She throws a pillow she got from the floor to his face and responds with a, "No." which makes him chuckle.

"Yedam?" "No."

"Jongseob?" "Seobi? No."

"Yoshinori?" "No."

"Oh, Junghwan?!" "No."

"Then, who is it?" He gives up, groaning and stuffing his face into the pillow.

"Haruto." She mutters in a low voice and he furrows his eyebrows, "I'm sorry, what?" He asks. "I said, Haruto." She quickly burries her face into her hands when she hears him laugh.

"Stop laughing!" She whines and he stiffles a laugh. She looks up at him, but he laughs again. "I knew I should've went to Yoshinori instead." She mutters, huffing and crossing her arms.

"Hey, I am great at giving advice!" Jihoon defends himself, saying it in disbelief. She rolls her eyes and looks across the room,

"Oy, Hyunsuk!" She shouts and the boys' attention all go to him. "I told you, stop getting from the funds!" Midam grunts and Hyunsuk shots a peace sign, muttering an apology.

"So, what do I do?" She asks Jihoon and he shrugs, "I don't know. Let's start with from every beginning!" He leans forward and rests his chin on his palms.

"Okay," she pauses and sighs, "So, it started like this."

*

"Get it now?" Jinye rubbed her temples after telling her story for the 3rd time and Jihoon wasn't getting it still. They decided to skip their first afternoon period together and just hang in the Student Council room.

The other members already left and the two of them, aka the unofficial members stayed and skipped class instead.

"Wait, so you wanna unlike him because your heart will be in more danger when you like people? That's why you don't have aloooot of friends?" Jihoon asks again and she nods.

"So, what do I do? I don't wanna go back to the hospital again, ji." Jinye pouts. The hospital was like her second home and she was sick of it, but not the people there. They're like a family to her.

"If you really don't wanna take the risk, then uh I suggest you avoid him, I guess." Jihoon shrugs. "But, you said you're good at giving advice! Don't shrug, it means you aren't sure." Jinye sulks and he laughs.

"I can't take the blame if something wrong's gonna happen." He chuckles and she glares at him.

"Fuck you." She mutters and stands up, taking her bag with her, going out the door to go to her second period class. "Wait for me!" Jihoon hurriedly says, taking his stuff and closing the fan and lights in the room before going out.

He caught up to her and they start walking to their next class, "But you'll still follow what I said, won't you?" Jihoon teasingly asks her and she sighs, nodding.

" Just, don't break his heart. "

1/17/19
sorry it took so long!!