Chapter 42

C H A P T E R - F O R T Y  T W O ▶ S T A R T

Ding!

The sound of Jinye's alarm goes off and she checks the time, 6:30 am.

She decided to wake up extra early just to finish the lunchboxes for today. She gets out of bed and tiptoes downstairs, careful not to wake Yoonbin up.

She ties her hair up in a bun so that strands of hair wouldn't end up in the food. She checks the paper where she wrote the ingredients she needed and took them out from the fridge.

She originally didn't have the ingredients so, Jihoon helped her at the grocery yesterday before going home.

She arranges them on the table and pouts, thinking then looks again at the paper. She sighs and puts her hands on her hips, "I can do this."

*

By the time she finished, it was about 30 minutes or less before another school day started.

"Mmm, what you making?" Yoonbin asks as he enters the kitchen, inhaling the sweet aroma of the food she made. He tries to get some from a lunchbox and she smacks his hand.

"Ow!" He winces in pain, slightly glaring at her. "It's for the council!" She says, pointing at the cover of the box which said, Choi Hyunsuk.

She labeled all the lunchboxes with their names and a small note.

"Don't I get one?" Yoonbin asks and she points at another one at the far end of the table. He smiles and pats her back, "I'll put them in a bag! You go take a bath now!" He pushes her out of the kitchen.

She furrows her eyebrows but complies to what he said anyway.

"Don't get from others!" She shouts before she gets in the bathroom.

*

Lunch time.

Before Jinye goes to the council room, she approaches Haruto.

"Hmm?" He raises his eyebrows at her. She hands him a lunchbox and a note attached to it.

Haruto ♡

You'll do great during the basketball games! Just believe in yourself! Goodluck! :)

Haruto smiles as he reads the note and ruffles her hair. She glares at him playfully then fixes her fringe. "I'll get going now. The council's waiting for me." She excuses herself and walks to the council's room.

"Ever since you started interacting with her, you're being extra soft." Keita says behind him and Haruto chuckles, "Oh, the things she makes me do."

Jinye stops in her tracks when she finds Yoonbin near his locker. She hands him his own lunchbox since he forgot to get his earlier.

"Thank you, little sis!" He smiles awkwardly and pats her shoulder.

Yoonbin, the greatest brother ever!

thank you for taking care of me well. i'll do my best in listening to you always! love you ew

Yoonbin laughs as he read the note and waves his sister off goodbye.

Jinye finally reaches the council room and knocks on the door to hear a series of loud, "Come in!" "Food, omg!" "Jinye!"

She goes inside and the council members were seated around the table. "Yehey!" Jihoon cheers and looks at the bag she was holding.

She takes out each lunchbox one by one carefully with their names on it and they take theirs with the same as Yoonbin's and Haruto's, have notes on them.

Notes like,

Doyoung!

You're doing well! Thank you for being an amazing member of the council and thank you for serving the school!

Hyunsuk!

Stop stealing from the funds. ㅋㅋㅋ You're working hard tho for the fest. Keep it up! You're doing well.

Byounggon!

Thank you for being an amazing president! Because of you, the students at school are doing well. You've worked hard, thank you!

The others read their own notes and they were all touched. "Let's post it there?" Junkyu suggests, pointing at their bulletin board. The members agreed and pinned the notes there with a sign above with Hyunsuk's writing saying, "From: Jinye!"

Jihoon nudges her side and she looks at him with raised eyebrows. He puts his note inside his wallet instead and smiles goofily at her.

Jihoon!

Thank you for the advice. I hope my heart is gonna be safe soon! Thank you for being a kind friend. You're a good person, remember that.

- jinye :)

Jinye rolls her eyes at him then they both laugh, going back to the table after the others had put their notes on the board.

"Thank you for the food!" They say their own prayers and start eating.

1/19/19
im gonna start writing the events for the fest now!!

in the meantime, should i post the new haru ff tho? im afraid to disappoint anyone akdnssj