Chapter 30

C H A P T E R - T H I R T Y ▶ S T A R T

Everyone was already in the auditorium by the time they arrived at school.

The quickened their steps and went to their own spots in the lines to wait for the assembly to start. Jinye fiddles the end of her blazer anxiously looking around for some people.

She finds Yoonbin who immediately broke eye contact and found something else to do just so he won't look at her. Then, she found Yoshinori. "Excuse me. I'll be back quick." She tells the person behind her in the line as if as a sign to save her spot.

"Yoshi," She walks up to him and gives him the tie. "Thanks! I'll return it after class to Yoon-" "Return it to me." She cuts him off and he responds with an, "Okay!" then proceeds to wear the tie.

little sis:
yoshi borrowed your tie again
sorry if i didnt ask permission first
he'll return it later tho!!

big bro:
oh
it's fine

little sis:
ok cool
and uh
lets talk later

She puts her phone in her skirt's pocket and looks for Haruto who waved at her, cheery. He seemed happy today like really happy. She didn't know why, but it made an impact on her which made her smile and wave back.

He mouths, "I have the project! It's in the classroom!" She nods and mouths back, "Are you sure it's safe?" He nods enthusiastically, giving her an 'okay' sign with both his hands.

She goes back to her spot in line and mutters a, "Thank you." to the girl behind her.

The assembly starts.

She yawns and tries to keep herself from dozing off while standing.

"Let's welcome Treasure High's principal, Kwon Jiyong!" The whole school applauds as a sign of respect.

"Good morning, students." He greets everyone. "Good morning, Sir!" They greet back as excited as he was. "As you all know, we have reached that special time of the school year. Now for the freshmen, what is it?" He asks and they kept quiet, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Aigoo, and to the graduating seniors, what is it?" He beams at them. "Sports fest!" The seniors enthusiastically replied, cheers following right after.

"Settle down, students. Settle down." He chuckles and the students' chatter silents down a bit.

"This Sports Festival is an annual event where in, we don't just compete with one another here in the school, but also with other schools. This will be held for a week." He pauses then continues, "For the players, I'm sure you all know your practices start today."

"The festival will happen in three weeks and of course, it will take place in our very own campus. In this three weeks time, the players who have failed a subject, minor or major, are not allowed to participate in the games." The students were shocked at this new rule and some even had their mouth agape.

"All the information about this is posted on the school's bulletin boars and will also be relayed to your respective coaches. Have a happy week and a safe festival!" He closes his speech and the students clap once again.

The students disperse from the auditorium, most talking about the sports festival.

"So, you have practice later, huh?" Jinye says to Jeongwoo, sounding disappointed. "Yeah." He nods and she frowns ever more. He imitates her frown then pinches her cheek. "Ow!" She winces from the pain and shoots him a glare.

"Oy, nerd!" She turns around and Jeongwoo whispers behind her, "Guess I'll get going!" But before she could tell him to stay, he already skipped his way to his classroom.

"After being officially friends, you're still calling me that?" She asks Haruto while raising an eyebrow. He smiles sheepishly and shrugs, "I don't know. It's your nickname now, I guess."

"Well, you look happy." She tells him and his smile instantly widened. "Weirdo." She mutters and he didn't even insult her back, he just smiled and rubbed his nape.

"Is there anything I can help you with?" Jinye asks the obvious question after minutes of silence. She admits, it was getting awkward especially since he was just smiling the whole time and other students were passing by.

"Oh, yeah. Uhm, no? I mean the project's in the classroom. All safe and sound!" He assures her and she nods, chuckling. "What are you laughing at?" He asks her and she shakes her head, "It's nothing."

The two continued to talk until Jinye spotted a familiar figure at the near end of the hallway looking at the both of them. "I gotta go." She abruptly stops him from talking and adds, "Tell Yoshi to return the tie to me after school! Bye-bye!" She waves him off and he stays there, stunned but still waves back.

"Yoonbin, we need to talk!" She says while running and even though he just wanted to crawl into a hole, he stayed there waiting for her, after all he still cared for her and running wasn't good for her heart.

"I-Is this about the other n-night?" He stammered. Well, there goes my chance of remaining calm. He mentally scolds himself. "Yeah." She nods.

There was an awkward silence and Yoonbin was about to leave until she said, "I'm not mad, you know. I just wanted to let you accept the truth and I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings." With his back turned, he smiles and turns again to face hair.

"Really? You're not mad?" His voice growing louder at every word. She shakes her head, a smile on her face. "I'm not, really. And I would love to talk to you again. Ignoring you was hard, not gonna lie." She laughs to lighten up the atmosphere and he does too.

"Well, then, okay." He didn't know what to say and she raises her hand for a highfive in which, he gladly returns.

"So, is everything okay now? Like you and them?" She carefully asked and to her surprise, he replied while still smiling, "Yep. I told them off." She purses her lips into a thin line and hums.

"I have one question tho." Jinye tells him and he shots his head up at her, "What is it?" She contemplated whether to ask him or not, but since she already did say she had a question, why not tell him?

"Is it okay if I still hangout with Haruto?" Her voice was soft and quiet. Yoonbin's face instantly fell but, quickly he scrunched his nose. "You know what? Sure. I'll let you hangout with him. But, if he dares to try and do anything funny to you or if something happens to your heart,"

"I will end him." He says, emphasizing each word in the last sentence.

Jinye chuckles and ruffles his hair, "Good to have you back, bro."

1/9/19
wow 1131 words omg anyway,, it's almost 1 am and i have class and i cant sleep help me :(