Chapter 15

C H A P T E R - F I F T E E N ▶ S T A R T

"Morning, Yoonbin." Jinye rubs her eyes since she's still half asleep. "Morning. You're up early." He says, taking a spoonful of cereal.

"Yeah. I'm gonna go to a classmate's house later for a pair project." She says, her voice husky early in the morning. "Oh, really? Which classmate?" Yoonbin asks, his eyebrows raised.

"Haruto." She takes her strawberry milk from the fridge and looks at Yoonbin, who had his eyes widened. "What?" She asks. "Just don't hurt yourself, okay?" He says, then goes to his room.

"Uh, okay. Weird." Jinye shrugs and continues to drink her milk.

Yoonbin gets nervous in his room. He didn't like Haruto that much even during middle school but not many know that.

He was extra strict to Haruto when he was team captain because of his attitude. Yoonbin hated the way Haruto boasts everything he has just because he's rich or how he was so blunt or how Haruto breaks a little girl's heart everytime they said they liked him.

A typical bad boy.

And he knows that almost every girl in school fell for Haruto and he doesn't want that to happen to his sister.

Because of her heart.

When you like someone, don't you feel you go crazy for them? Like your heartbeat goes wild and you only seem to think about them.

And Yoonbin doesn't want Jinye's heart to get affected.

Because if she falls for Haruto and if he does something to break her heart, then it will really break, not just her heart but everything in her.

"Yoonbin!" Jinye shouts and Yoonbin stops thinking for a while. "Yeah?" He comes out of his room. "Are you gonna take a shower?" She asks and he responds with a, "No."

"Okay! Guess I'll shower first!" She steps into the bathroom. "Oh, and if Jeongwoo texts," She opens the door slightly, just enough for her head to pop out.

"Tell him I'm still showering!" She shouts and closes the door. "Okay!" Yoonbin says and goes to her room to check on her phone.

Ding!

The notification sound was heard. Yoonbin took her phone and was about to check the text until he saw the contact name.

Bad boy.

Yoonbin furrows his eyebrows and checks the text.

bad boy : don't come over later. i'm sick and i have a fever. i don't know if i could be of any help to the project.

Yoonbin scoffs and rolls his eyes. He thought Haruto was lying, a way to get Jinye to do the project all by herself.

Yoonbin deletes the message and places her phone on the bed before going back to his own room.

But the thing is, Haruto wasn't lying at all.

1/1/19
i nearly had writer's block lol aLSO im excited for the next chap kajdjdjs idk if y'all are and omg imagine three days ago this was 100 reads and now we are almost 1,000! omg thank you luv u all so much