Chapter 41

C H A P T E R - F O R T Y O N E ▶ S T A R T

Jinye and Haruto entered the gym. His teammates were already warming up. "Where's coach?" He asks, voice echoing. "He said he'll be late. Maybe half an hour, I guess." Mahiro replies, completing a lap in jogging.

Haruto nods. "You can watch by the bench. I'm gonna go change." He tells her and takes his stuff to their locker room. Jinye nods, sitting on the bench, glancing around the gym.

Mashiho waves at her while running and Yoshinori sticks his tongue out at her. She laughs and rolls her eyes at Yoshi, but waves back at Mashiho.

Jinye fishes out her phone from her pocket and starts typing.

"Whatchu doin?" Haruto sits beside her, coming back from the locker room. He was in his basketball shorts and a sleeveless sando. Jinye gulped. He looked good and she wasn't gonna deny.

"Searching easy recipes for lunchboxes." She says, remembering she was gonna make lunch for the council members. "Oh, for who?" Haruto asks, hands on his knees, looking directly at her then to her phone. "The council. They haven't been eating well because of the preparations for the fest." She replies.

Haruto's mouth forms an 'o' and asks, "Can you make one for me too?" Jinye flinches, taken aback, but says, "Yeah. Uh sure." He smiles and pats her head, "Thank you!"

Their coach arrives and they start practicing with Jinye's heart beating unsteadily.

*

Their practice ends with their coach saying encouraging words for their game in a few days. "Take all the rest you all will need tomorrow and the next day." He ends it and the team claps, swear dripping everywhere from their body.

Haruto runs over to Jinye and pats her head, muttering words of thanks for the bottle of water. "You two dating?" Mashiho asks, pointing to the two of them using his own bottle.

Haruto chokes on the water and Jinye snickers, "Nah. Just friends." Haruto lowkey frowns beside her and when she turned to look at him, he laughs like a robot, hiding that he was suprised from the older boy's question.

"Really?" Mashiho asks again, eyes widened this time. "Yup!" Jinye nods. "Just friends!" She repeated and Mashiho sneakily laughs when he saw Haruto mutter, Just friends, with a frown.

"I'll get going now." Jinye says after a while, hurriedly walking out the door not before of course saying goodbye to Yoshinori and the others.

"Hey, wait!" Haruto runs after her and she continues fast-walking until he grabs her wrist, turning her around. She raises her eyebrows, fucking hEART.

"I can walk you home! It's past 6 already." She looks at her wrist and he lets go of her, rubbing the back of his neck. "It's okay. You're tired and Jihoon's waiting for me outside anyway. Yoonbin went home early." She excuses herself and walks outside.

"Hello!" Jihoon waves at her then looks at Haruto behind her. He was frowning but when he caught Jihoon's gaze, he glared at him.

Jihoon laughs, sticking his tongue out at Haruto.

1/18/19
OMG TODAY'S THE FINAL EP IM SCARED HARU MUST DEBUT!!

and before anyone is confused,, jihoon doesnt like jinye bUT he's sorta getting the signs that day after his talk with jinye in the council room haru likes her so yEah

AND OMG GIRLIES,, maybe i will post another haru ff + a mashi ff sksksjaj i got a random idea

and just incase,, hurray is my major book :)

the other books are just to calm my mind and i just ocassionally update those ig skjssnsjsj