Chapter 40

C H A P T E R - F O R T Y ▶ S T A R T

Jihoon and Jinye enter the room, chatting until a voice tells them to stop.

"Mr. Park and Ms. Ha, you are late for class." Mrs. Yoon scolded, hands on both sides of her hips. "Oops." Jihoon mumbles, he didn't realize they were also late for the second period.

They were about to go inside, but Mrs. Yoon stops them again. Jinye sighs, crossing her arms. "Where have you been, the two of you?" Mrs. Yoon asks and the whole class' attention was on them including a certain boy.

Jinye's eyes wander and they land on Haruto. He was glaring at Jihoon, so his attention wasn't at her. She raises one of her eyebrows then shrugs.

"Do I have to ask the two of you again?" Mrs. Yoon says, louder this time. "We were doing a project for the Sports Fest in the Student Council room, Ma'am." Jinye excuses. "You two aren't part of the council." Their teacher doubts and Jihoon's breath hitches, "We were helping, Ma'am."

Mrs. Yoon squints her eyes at the two of them then tells them to go to their own separate seats. "Looks like someone is on her period." Jihoon whispers to Jinye, shaking his head at Mrs. Yoon.

Jinye snickers and playfully punches his arm before going to her seat.

*

Jinye was the last one to go out of class as usual. She took her time in arranging her things and didn't bother to go out early, no one was waiting for her anyway.

Jeongwoo was still busy practicing. Tomorrow will be their last practice since it's three days before the festival. And they need to rest too.

Jinye goes out the door and she got caught by surprise, "baBAM!" Haruto hops infront of her and she jumps, eyes widening. "Didn't mean to scare you." He giggles and her heart skips a beat.

Wait, what the fuck. My heart isn't suppose to skip a beat.

"Where you off to?" He asks her and she shrugs, "I either have to watch Jeongwoo practice, but go home alone or hang with Jihoon in the Council office." She explains and he pouts the nth time that day.

Why is he so fucking cute?

"Don't you wanna watch me practice?" He says, emphasizing the 'me' and she shrugs again although she wanted to, she couldn't take the risk.

"Hmm, maybe I will today. I can see mashi and yoshi too!" She says her thoughts outloud and Haruto widens the smile on his face. "Let's go!" He excitedly says, pulling her arm.

"Huh-- what, oh oKAY" she lets herself be pulled by him until they reach the school gym.

She looks at him with heart eyes, his hair still perfect even with the condition of the wind. She sighs and feels the beating of her heart go faster each second she spends more with him.

She mentally scolds herself, What happened to avoiding him? Stupid, Jinye. She sighs again and Haruto frowns at her when they reached the gym.

"Are you okay? I mean if you don't wanna watch me practice, it's okay!" He tells her, worried but with his face looking like ^__^ and she nods, "I wanna watch Mashi and Yoshi practice too. It's fine." She reassures him.

He cheekily smiles and pinches both of her cheeks. Her heart started to beat abnormally and if this continued longer, she knew she'd have to go the hospital sooner or later that day.

I'm sorry, heart.

1/17/19
okay forgot to mention this but haru doesnt know she's sick aksksjsj im sorry if you find grammatical errors bcos i dont proofread much since im always in a hurry!! i'll edit the chaps tho maybe once the book ends,,

oh and this was a shitty chapter lmfao im so sorry

and uh would y'all rather have another haru ff from yours truly or a mashi 👉👈

ily all thank u for 12k reads!!